Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Agreed. ALL "series 1" cars will have problems, hence why you'd wait to get the series 2 cars and you can hardly give them grief about weight when new wrx's are 1500kgs+

At the end of the day the x6rt / r8 is a step in a fantastic direction from Holden / Ford.

Australia needs some hi po V8's from factory and when is a 4l boosted engine a bad thing!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

[QUOTE=Alvaro351]Swannie, the best mod for the XR6 is an edit. This is a ecu re-map aka Ecutek style, except much better - three times better to be exact. U buy a hand held connector and when you get it tuned, you get a choice of 3 different tunes eg: race, everyday and valet. All this for about $1K plus tuning. And you can swap between tunes anytime. You gain around 50 rwkw. No rex mod for less than $1500 can achieve this...
[\QUOTE]

I bought one of said boxes for my xr6t ute. One small problem....it is slower down the drags (both mph and elapsed time) on the 10 psi setting than it is on stock. The 10 psi setting runs rich as and at high rpm it breaks down. It does have 3 settings. valet (limits rpm to 3k) 8 psi and 10 psi. Factory psi is 6 pound.

A mate ran the 10 psi in his auto sedan series 2 and bent the rod on piston no 5. Unsurpirisingly ford told him to go forth and multiply.

I have had mega problems and continuing to have minor problems with mine and am happy to get on the soap box and explain them all.....in great detail

I put my ute over the weighbridge at csbp a couple of years ago and with about 200kg of stuff in it (me and some tools / machines / fuel etc) it was 1980kg.

The other thing with them is that ford were very clever with the computer. It stores the max boost levels reached etc so they can tell if you have played with it. The other thing is that everything is at its absolute limit. it is not as easy as winding the boost up a bit. You need bigger fuel rails / injectors / pump. The list goes on.....

Cheers

Brendon
Old 08-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Alvaro351 at standard level

Sorry to hear about it Brendon,

You should've go a custom tune. The first lot of CAPA generic tunes were shyte. The latest generation are a bit better but you should always fork out another $400-1000 to protect your $40k investment and have a custom tune by a reputable tuner done. Put it this way, if you buy a $5000 Motec controller, you don't just plug it in...

Did you re-gap the plugs? I'm guessing your mate didn't have a custom tune either?

If you flash back the original factory settings and drive the car for a day or two Ford cannot tell you ever touched the ECU. This is for all BA's. They have changed it for the BF I believe.

The first thing that will reach the limit are the injectors but different tuners are getting well over 250 rwks with the standard ones. So again, I wouldn't call a 50 rwkw jump from factory settings as saying that everything is on the limit. As I said before, there is probably very few cars that can be tweeked for that much horsepower using factory settings... GTR's and Supras would probably be similar.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

blackwrx at standard level

I have purchased a 2003 XR6t with a couple of mods such as an edit and second CAI, fuel pump upgraded, and hose clamps changed I have 266RWKW! , the nex plan is to upgrade my injectors, change my filter to a highflow unifilter, and hopefully upgrade to a high flow cat and dump pipe. I will be happy with around 300 RWKW, the power is huge compared to the wrx, a bit hard to get the power to the ground at times, the rex and XR6T are both really good cars its a pitty the XR6T has fairly poor interior.

Tags
powerful, xr6t