Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordiee View Post
in regards to the death penalty, why stoop to their level? let the cunts rot down there
Because I and every other tax payer should not have to spring to keep someone alive for 25+ years when a .22 calibre round costs less than $0.10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee View Post
This would be fine if 'life inprisonment' was actually life, but it's only what, 20 yrs? And prison's resemble hotels these days.
As above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
All anger aside, it's such a tragic story, no-one deserves that. At least her family has closure relatively quickly. RIP.
Some people do deserve that. The problem is when someone is wrongly accused, even after being proved as such, their life is all but destroyed forever. No employer will want them because the media will have plastered their image everywhere for weeks on end and make believe vigilantes will destroy their life electronically through websites like facebook pages and ones exactly like this Adrian Bailey Raped and Murdered Jill Meagher | Aussie Criminals and Crooks

The bloke hasn't even had his trial yet and he has already been drawn and quarted. So much for Australians respecting peoples rights to a fair trial. With all the media this particular case has already had due to the fact she worked in the industry (wouldn't have got near as much if she didn't!!) there is no way a jury could be impartial, let alone a judge. Bloke's fucked either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Also heart felt wishes to the THOUSANDS of other missing people in this country who arnt good looking women working in the media.
Amen sister.

Now, just to make this clear: I would gladly be the guy chopping the heads off people (see facebook profile pic for reference ) who were given the death penalty for crimes which deserve it and still go to bed at night. No worries. But it simply does not work in this day and age with all the bleeding hearts and wowsers. The world has changed. Besides, using Americas system as an example, some prisoners are on death row for over a decade with clogged justice systems and re-trials and adjournments and appeals. Bullet. Bang. Dead. Fixed.

R.I.P Jill, I just hope your death is not going to be used as political leverage to rush through stupid legislation.
REXXXED and TROLLEY like this.
Old 28-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
Some people do deserve that. The problem is when someone is wrongly accused, even after being proved as such, their life is all but destroyed forever. No employer will want them because the media will have plastered their image everywhere for weeks on end and make believe vigilantes will destroy their life electronically through websites like facebook pages and ones exactly like this Adrian Bailey Raped and Murdered Jill Meagher | Aussie Criminals and Crooks

The bloke hasn't even had his trial yet and he has already been drawn and quarted. So much for Australians respecting peoples rights to a fair trial. With all the media this particular case has already had due to the fact she worked in the industry (wouldn't have got near as much if she didn't!!) there is no way a jury could be impartial, let alone a judge. Bloke's fucked either way.

hahaha mate that would be a fair comment, and it does happen regularly,
however in this case he started cooperating with police and aided them in locating the body not even a week after

no need for the presumption of innocence when he's already implied his own guilt

and if you people think 20 years isn't a life sentence go and have a chat with someone who's served one
Old 28-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
and if you people think 20 years isn't a life sentence go and have a chat with someone who's served one
Contradiction?
MadDocker likes this.
Old 28-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
no need for the presumption of innocence when he's already implied his own guilt
Our laws say that he is innocent until PROVEN to be guilty. Shit I could say I killed Hitler and stashed his body in a bunker. Would I still have the right to trial or should I just go before the firing squad now?
Old 28-09-2012, 11:04 AM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
Our laws say that he is innocent until PROVEN to be guilty. Shit I could say I killed Hitler and stashed his body in a bunker. Would I still have the right to trial or should I just go before the firing squad now?

Would sir like a blindfold?

But kidding aside, based on the evidence to hand and of what we know he is as guilty as sin, but like everyone he is entitled to the presumption of innocence and the right to defend himself in a court of law.

The death penalty will never be re-introduced, its just not a forward progress in a civilised society. There is always a knee-jerk reaction and public outcry whenever there is a horrible crime of this nature.
Old 28-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post

Would sir like a blindfold?

But kidding aside, based on the evidence to hand and of what we know he is as guilty as sin, but like everyone he is entitled to the presumption of innocence and the right to defend himself in a court of law.

The death penalty will never be re-introduced, its just not a forward progress in a civilised society. There is always a knee-jerk reaction and public outcry whenever there is a horrible crime of this nature.
Bingo.

Killing those who "deserve it" make us no better than them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Also heart felt wishes to the THOUSANDS of other missing people in this country who arnt good looking women working in the media.
This....... it seems this particular case has been completely sensationalised for some reason.
More then a thousand people are murdered every year in Aus. Most of them don't even make the news, let alone the leading story. They all have families too.
I think letting someone live the rest of their life in a maximum security prison, but in solitary, with only one hour exercise a day, Would be a much harsher punishment then simply putting them to sleep.
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i
Old 28-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

Zombee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
This....... it seems this particular case has been completely sensationalised for some reason.
More then a thousand people are murdered every year in Aus. Most of them don't even make the news, let alone the leading story. They all have families too.
True, the media took this one as she was pretty and worked in media and ran with it, no different from that footballer guy that died in Vegas. No different from any other accidental death, but the fact that he was a footballer made it front page news.
Old 28-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Shows you how much the population is influenced by media.
Old 28-09-2012, 01:47 PM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

Soooo much sadder when you know people that its affected, closer to home why does it seem worse?..

Yet female have become complacent, trotting off down the streets alone.....has everyone forgotten about Clmt serial murders? driving home late and you see females stumbling/ walking home alone around claremont either i or a passenger has commented in my car, "silly girl"
RUSSGT likes this.

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign

Tags
capital, dead, found, jill, meagher, punishment