Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff
Default the Mountain biking thread.

Hey guys, so im a pretty happy mountain biker. I mostly race Downhill, being part of the Peel club. I dont mind abit of XC but lycra is so fricken gay, baggies for the win. I ride a trek session 88 and Remedy 7. Anyone else here ride?

XC state champs on this weekend at Goatfarm, im going to go and have a ride. Funnest part is getting stuck behind XC riders on the downs and just heckling the shit out of them cause their so slow haha.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 AM
STI Master

TheDoctor at standard level

Used to do a bit in New Zealand. Haven't done as much since moving here. Mostly XC, have done a little bit of downhill but on pretty tame tracks. I've got a Kona Caldera hard tail.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

New Zealand!! this place would suck for you then. Where abouts you go DH riding?

Kalamunda is a pretty good place for XC, plenty of tracks to wet any appetite. Excpet all the jumps are so fricken small.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 AM
STI Master

I lived in Christchurch so we had the Port Hills just 20 minutes from town they have some awesome tracks there, Rapaki Track was a favourite it's a 3.5 km track that climbs 250m. It's hard work getting to the top but once you're there you've got access to all the tracks along the summit.

We used to ride up Rapaki then across to the Flying Nun track which is sort of XC/beginners DH track then ride back down Rapaki.

The view from near the top of rapaki with a bit of the track on the left.

Only shot I could find on google of a section of the Flying Nun track.

There were a few nice forest XC tracks as well that were again only 20-30 min from the CBD. I definitely miss NZ for the riding.

Mates of mine were big into DH but I never had a DH bike, or balls of the requisite size.

Since moving to WA I've done a bit of riding in the Goat Farm, on the John Forrest, a few of the Kalamunda tracks, one in Jarrahdale and one near Nanga.

Last edited by TheDoctor; 11-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Used be be an avid DH'er few years ago, had an Orange Patriot LT with awesome USD Marzocchi Shivers. Haven't got anything here yet because well...no hills!

Where do you guys race? Got a website etc? I'd be keen to take some photos of some races to branch out from the usual motorsport pics.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

BoxerDan at standard level

I used to ride but my hard tail is rough as fk for downhill...I been riding with Sam Hill a few times when I was in high school.

A few of my mates ride every weekend and do some volunteering work at the goat farm. I have also helped out filming with Leon at Tumblegum last year.

I would love to get a new bike but can't justify spending 3k + on a new one at the moment.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

No Hill? Ill be honest, the good tracks involve travel. Dwellingup is where its at. I spend alot of time their fixing and building new tracks. they are fast and rough. Also nannup has some of the best DH tracks around according to Sam Hill. Ive ridden them a fair few times and they are wild.

Closer to the CBD is Mundaring pine plantation DH tracks. They are also very good.

their is a race at Wellington Mills next sunday. their are afew very good Photo guys that take pics of us riding. for example the one in my Profile pic. Also if you can get a copy watch a movie called How WA roll. It was just finished and shows all the best DH spots in perth getting rideen by some of our best riders.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

BoxerDan at standard level

Haha one of my mate's made that vid, I got invited to the premier but i didn't go...So I'm yet to see it.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Lots of bass got dropped in that premier haha
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM
STI Master

How WA Roll final promo on Vimeo

Last edited by ImPreSiV; 11-10-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: unable to embed Vimeo, YT only it appears>?

Tags
biking, mountain, thread