Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Dealership horror stories. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/55671-dealership-horror-stories.html)

fatboy 24-08-2013 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Tony;767734]Haha i dont feel silliest in the bit. This guy genuinly believed he had bought a VF until yesterday. He is going to the dealer today to find out what is going on. He has even insured it as a VF commo haha. Both me and you both know he has bought an overpriced VE and not read any of the contracts he was signing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right, given it is still only 9AM on a Saturday morning i would say you are still in a deep REM dream, stay away from the keyboard whilst you are dreaming up bullshit!

Tony 24-08-2013 09:17 AM

To he expectes when their is only one side to the story lol.

Dan [GTI] 24-08-2013 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=fatboy;767738]Yeah right, given it is still only 9AM on a Saturday morning i would say you are still in the middle of your 4[I] day methamphetamine binge[/I], stay away from the keyboard whilst you are still seeing sounds...[/QUOTE]

Fixed :rolleyes:

More stories from dealers point of view, delaing with low-ballers and idiots who know nothing about cars (but try to bullshit their way through it).

fatboy 24-08-2013 09:39 AM

[QUOTE='Dan [MPS 3];767740']Fixed :rolleyes:

More stories from dealers point of view, delaing with low-ballers and idiots who know nothing about cars (but try to bullshit their way through it).[/QUOTE]

There is no point, if you can think it up, chances are we have seen it!

True horror stories happen from time to time and are usually outside of anyones controll (be it the dealer or customer), but bullsit ones like the above........ never!

Dan [GTI] 24-08-2013 09:46 AM

[I]Someone turned up with a bag of beans (Magic Beans obviously) and wanted a trade + cash (their way).[/I]

It's like any customer service/sale job, people are idiots (Rule #1) and always think they are right (Rule #2), Very rarely are they actually right (Rule #3). :rolleyes:

GTB Liberty 24-08-2013 09:58 AM

I like it when car salespeople try to BS me, just like audio salesmen, doesn't last long after I have the pleasure in watching them bury themselves ...

Dan [GTI] 24-08-2013 10:02 AM

It is a satisfying feeling :) listen to their 10 minute sales pitch. Then ask questions that show the holes in their pitch, stand back and watch head explode.

On the flip side it is nice to have a salesman who actually knows what he is selling and has a passion for it. Doesn't happen to often unfortunately.

teejay 24-08-2013 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Tony;767734]Haha i dont feel silliest in the bit. This guy genuinly believed he had bought a VF until yesterday. He is going to the dealer today to find out what is going on. [B]He has even insured it as a VF commo haha[/B]. Both me and you both know he has bought an overpriced VE and not read any of the contracts he was signing.[/QUOTE]

bull fucking shit!

To insure it he needs a vin number

Vin number would immediately identify it as a VE

mARC 24-08-2013 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=fatboy;767741]There is no point, if you can think it up, chances are we have seen it!

True horror stories happen from time to time and are usually outside of anyones controll (be it the dealer or customer), but bullsit ones like the above........ never![/QUOTE]

I unequivocally disagree.

[B]Second Hand Cars:[/B]

Unsure about now but John Hughes had a wholesale room
next to their VW showroom where they would sell dodgy cars.

I queried the sales people why these cars 'which were sometimes newer and had less kms' on them then other cars in their open showroom', why they were cheaper and was met with replies like they had been on the showroom for two long so we're trying to get rid of them cheap.

[B]Technically Brand New Cars:[/B]

Mitsubishi 4WD that was driven through a fence at the Fremantle Docs had around 6ish kms on it when it hit the panel department.

Had a around $12k damage on it and was used and sold as a demo car.

[B]Sold as Brand New Car:[/B]

Getting told by a salesman that I was full of shit when checking out a brand new car for repair work was also interesting, even when I show'd evidence of obvious repair work.

Do they still strip the factory tint off cars at pre-delivery?

Then there's the issue of sublet rust proofing, I never saw a customer get what they paid for....

Dan [GTI] 24-08-2013 10:43 AM

Good spot TJ.

Now you can go onto an insurance site (EG: SGIO) put a rego in for a quote, click to confirm rego and gets a bit of vehicle info (make, model, etc), kinda off topic, but still interesting.