Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   New Infringement Levels (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/8859-new-infringement-levels.html)

Giddyup 10-12-2006 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=skitzyrex1]Yes, and some of those who enforce the law believe they are above it.
Like the countless number of patrol cars and bikes that cruise past at just over the limit[/QUOTE]

Well that we are allowed to do in order to monitor traffic etc. Example would be travelling down the freeway. If we are going the same as everyone else, we would see the same 2 3 4 cars. We are covered to travel that little bit more in order to check cars ahead etc.

skitzyrex1 10-12-2006 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]Well that we are allowed to do in order to monitor traffic etc. Example would be travelling down the freeway. If we are going the same as everyone else, we would see the same 2 3 4 cars. We are covered to travel that little bit more in order to check cars ahead etc.[/QUOTE]

Fair call, I stand corrected

fobz 10-12-2006 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]Well that we are allowed to do in order to monitor traffic etc. Example would be travelling down the freeway. If we are going the same as everyone else, we would see the same 2 3 4 cars. We are covered to travel that little bit more in order to check cars ahead etc.[/QUOTE]

I do believe it is ILLEGAL for any police car, ambulance or other
emergency type vehicle to speed or break the law an ANY other
way unless they have sufficient lights and/or sirens on at the
time of the said offence.

For example I know of a few friend who went though speed cameras
while speeding in an emergency vehicle and got a fine that said something
to the effect of "You where speeding without sufficient lights/sirens".

Huy 10-12-2006 09:03 PM

I was on old Mandurah road at 2am in April, heading south for some salmon fishing and had a policeman on a bike go past us like we weren't moving. No lights or anything. I guess he'd had a long night.

Mat 10-12-2006 11:09 PM

Did you catch any huy :p

I know this copper who got caught speeding in a work car by a multinova and had to come up with a damn good reason why he was speeding. Eventually he used a dude i know as an excuse and i heard his superiors even called up that person to see how legit it all was. If he didnt have a reason he'd end up in the shit for speeding..

Daryln, my point is pretty simple. One sentance you tell "us" not to speed and break the road laws and the next minute you admit you do it yourself.

SilentKilla 10-12-2006 11:41 PM

everyone speeds.

darlyn 10-12-2006 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=Mat]Did you catch any huy :p

I know this copper who got caught speeding in a work car by a multinova and had to come up with a damn good reason why he was speeding. Eventually he used a dude i know as an excuse and i heard his superiors even called up that person to see how legit it all was. If he didnt have a reason he'd end up in the shit for speeding..

Daryln, my point is pretty simple. One sentance you tell "us" not to speed and break the road laws and the next minute you admit you do it yourself.[/QUOTE]

As I stated I am human and on occasions (very rarely) yes I admit that sometimes my speed creeps over the limit (speeding), and if I am caught by either a cop or a multinova then I admit my guilt and get on with life. As my old SGT told me, "everyone speeds we can only catch so many, you can not catch all of them, so dont try to"

And again its not me telling you not to speed its the road traffic act/code that makes it illegal. My job is simple inforce/Police the law

skitzyrex1 11-12-2006 04:43 PM

My friend who is a cop told me this funny little story.

Another cony at his station got done on his motorbike for doing [U][B]6kmph[/B][/U] over by a traffic cop in Geraldton just a little while ago. If he wasnt a good friend I wouldnt have believed him.

Giddyup 11-12-2006 09:35 PM

Yes it is true, if we speed in a work car and get done by a camera, we pay like evryone else unless we had good reason.

Huy 11-12-2006 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=Mat]Did you catch any huy :p

[/QUOTE]

Of course i did. :D Caught 36 this year!