Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Photography and Media
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

I checked DutyFree on wednesday (parents going overseas) - and the 450D is 1167. Not bad considering its $1600 in the shops.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

geez that expensive for what it is imo, I thought the 450 was like 900 bucks? The Pentax k20d is a lot more camera for $1200 full price than the 450d. Duty free should be less of course.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Nikon & Canon fair the best in the higher critique benchmarking stakes, although the Pentax & Sony are no slouches these days either .

I'm a Nikon man myself, but it seems most half serious photographers on here are Canon so if if ya gots noob questions, plenty of help available on here if ya go the Canon.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 06-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Luigi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Luigi

Sony make some good P&S camera's but not to sure on there DSLR

I have a NIKON D60 with the Twin Lens kit and I'm still learning how to take pictures.

Both Nikon & Canon seem to be very popular & very good DSLR.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

Two years ago you wouldn't dream of buying anything other than canon or Nikon, today there are viable and good options from everyone. Problem is if you don't really know what you need and what you use a lot its hard to choose a camera with the right features for you! So its probably a very good idea to buy the entry level stuff now, and if you get into it pretty soon you'll have a full frame camera and be pawning mods from your car for that new lens :P
Old 13-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]
Default First digital SLR

Hey team,

Just thought I would bump an old topic, as I was in this same boat only a couple of months ago, when I decided to upgrade from a crappy P&S camera to an entry level D-SLR.

I had narrowed it down to the Sony A350 i think it was for memory, and the Nikon D60. I went with the Nikon, as it was a little easier to use, "seemed" to take better pictures, and Nikon have a solid name in the photography game.

Since ive had it, i have toyed around with all the functions, (i am somewhat camera "ofay" (spl?) you could say), and for an entry level camera, it takes some mighty photos. Have the Nikon 18-55 lens, however am shopping at the moment for something in the 55-200 or 55-300 range. The only major gripe some people that have used it say, is there is no liveview, however I dont care, I prefer framing and shooting with the viewfinder.

I paid around 580aud for the camera, lens, 16Gb card, second battery, bag etc. It also has a cool touch up function built in, so you can touch up your photos with the camera, then pull the SD card out, and put it straight into one of those printing machines. That said, ive only done it a couple of times. Im still learning how to drive Photochop and the Nikon software I got.

For someone looking for a good entry camera, well under a grand, that can take some awesome clear photos, (cloud shots, high speed stuff, macros, all sorts), I would seriously consider this one.

Thanks and regards,

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
digital, slr