Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Photography and Media
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
I see your point. I only ever got one or two.
Always good to have a mate with a good DSLR as well.
Also with race cams etc there are other ways to record events.
Im just pointing out extreme cases just to show what it could end up, of course in real life you would be selective and money limited (but imagine if you were a driver like dougie whom would have great images snapped up all the time due to his driving style)..

As we know everyone loves pics of their cars. So if there were a bunch of great images you are going to want them all..
Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

Nice to see your memory works so well Russ

To be honest after spending hours and hours of my time busting my arse sifting through thousands of photos, editing them and then uploading them only to be flamed I decided my time was too precious to sit in front of my laptop only to get no joy. So have put my camera back to the use that I originally bought it for, taking photos of animals and scenery in order to have decent pictures to do my artwork from. I only really take photos of motorsport events for my own pleasure now and for my OH to have a record of his track time.

To the OP your photos are nice and if you want to make a hobby out of selling them then go for it. For myself it wasn't worth the hassle since I work fulltime and most of the time I don't even post up half the photos I take.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 PM
STI Master

98kellrs at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa View Post
Nice to see your memory works so well Russ

To be honest after spending hours and hours of my time busting my arse sifting through thousands of photos, editing them and then uploading them only to be flamed I decided my time was too precious to sit in front of my laptop only to get no joy.

To the OP your photos are nice and if you want to make a hobby out of selling them then go for it. For myself it wasn't worth the hassle since I work fulltime and most of the time I don't even post up half the photos I take.
Yeah it's definitely a lot of work, I've discovered that much already. I'm going along the lines of trying to get the shots right first time so all of the images (with the exception of a couple of the FXX) are unedited and uncropped. Most edits I used to do were saturation and sharpness and a mate showed me how to tweak them in-camera which makes a huge difference!

I am mostly taking them for the fun of it, and I enjoy putting them on the site and having them displayed in a nice way, anything else is a bonus really!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

catcha at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
Yeah it's definitely a lot of work, I've discovered that much already. I'm going along the lines of trying to get the shots right first time so all of the images (with the exception of a couple of the FXX) are unedited and uncropped. Most edits I used to do were saturation and sharpness and a mate showed me how to tweak them in-camera which makes a huge difference!

I am mostly taking them for the fun of it, and I enjoy putting them on the site and having them displayed in a nice way, anything else is a bonus really!
Hey 98Kellrs, I went to a beginners course from Kelvin Choong Camera Club Digital Photography Courses Model Workshops, Studio Hire, Perth Western Australia today got a good scoopon deal so decided to try it out. I had picked up a few tips from him today and the rest was just the same as other courses I had enrolled myself in the past. its had to cram basics into 8 hrs which he tried to do. One tip was if you take photos and people say WOW thats good, who do they compliment first ? its the camera as they think its the camera that is good 2nd is you and thats true.

A good example is like if you in a dinner event you take great shots and you show the couple the shots, they will say WOW thats so good " how much do you want me to pay you for that photo" ? and it all starts from there. When someone is willing to pay for a photo they know its worth something and you know your taking a good shot and are on a roll.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
its the camera as they think its the camera that is good 2nd is you and thats true.
Bullshit - no matter how good the gear, the person needs to make it work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Exactly. There's plenty of gear-weenies around with top notch equipment spitting out rubbish. Also lol @ Kelvin Chong courses. Save your money and do your learning online, purchase/read books and getting out there and practicing.
Old 13-06-2011, 01:04 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

catcha at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Thats right but its just a first reaction when people that don't know camera's that say that. trademan should never blame his tools etc and the list goes on

Quote:
Exactly. There's plenty of gear-weenies around with top notch equipment spitting out rubbish. Also lol @ Kelvin Chong courses. Save your money and do your learning online, purchase/read books and getting out there and practicing.
Sometimes you learn techniques that no book or onlining learning can provide, only life experience from others, this really applies to everything in life really
Old 13-06-2011, 01:13 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

A newspaper may pay a reasonable price for an iphone pic depending on the subject.
Pure supply and demand people.
Old 14-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcha View Post
Sometimes you learn techniques that no book or onlining learning can provide, only life experience from others, this really applies to everything in life really
DVD's and books/e-books are written from experience, and they share a whole lot more than local courses. They're also a damned sight cheaper and guess what, you get to keep them forever and refer back to them whenever you want!
I'm just saying there are better options and more value for money out there in my opinion.

You're lucky Kelvin didn't make you sit through "The Secret" DVD
Old 14-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Time using the camera is more important than dollars spent on the gear... but having half decent gear to start with certainly helps. I still think some of my best photos came off my 350D with kit lens.

Tags
images, sell, speak to wawa