Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Radars Direct Australia (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/radars-direct-australia/)
-   -   Valentine One Group Buys (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/radars-direct-australia/50255-valentine-one-group-buys.html)

GTB Liberty 24-08-2012 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=aC-;704181]I have a small 'l'. Think I'll play around with it over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

That's has Euro mode off.

It's in full Ka band scan mode. As such, when you hold in the button when device is on you'll get A, L, l modes.

In that case, you can just go to program setting 2 & 1 to arrow down to turn off X & K band in the city. Meet me at a lunch and I'll copy my setting to yours.

X band on it will never shut up.

aC- 24-08-2012 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;704183]That's has Euro mode off.

It's in full Ka band scan mode. As such, when you hold in the button when device is on you'll get A, L, l modes.

In that case, you can just go to program setting 2 & 1 to arrow down to turn off X & K band in the city. Meet me at a lunch and I'll copy my setting to yours.

X band on it will never shut up.[/QUOTE]

I'll try that. If I'm still having trouble will definitely drop by a lunch.

GTB Liberty 24-08-2012 08:07 PM

If non Euro just use A mode. If driving country remember to turn on setting 2 to get K band back which country highway patrol still uses.

row011 24-08-2012 08:29 PM

He changed the settings from the way I programmed it for him.

I prefer Euro mode ON because it gives you the ability to toggle between K band Off/On within a couple of seconds by changing between the small 'u' and large 'U'

I am seeing more K band units now than before on our roads - there has definitely been an increase in the number of in-car Kustom dash mounted radar's in Perth mainly the outskirts of the Metro area and further.

GTB Liberty 24-08-2012 08:55 PM

You could PM the settings to copy or post here.

aC- 24-08-2012 09:37 PM

Yeah, I changed the original settings because I was still getting the same signals. Down great eastern highway roadworks does my head in as it's a constant beep on this current setting and the one you programmed.

steve-lang 25-08-2012 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=row011;704210]He changed the settings from the way I programmed it for him.

I prefer Euro mode ON because it gives you the ability to toggle between K band Off/On within a couple of seconds by changing between the small 'u' and large 'U'

I am seeing more K band units now than before on our roads - there has definitely been an increase in the number of in-car Kustom dash mounted radar's in Perth mainly the outskirts of the Metro area and further.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, i did drive to northam, bullsbrook/chittering frequently, on way to northam id pass a MY11/12 wrx hatch with dash mounted radar, also seen aurions and territory as well as the usual falcodores. Love the ability to turn k band on as soon as Im past midland and bam switch it off again on way back.

row011 25-08-2012 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=aC-;704226]Yeah, I changed the original settings because I was still getting the same signals. Down great eastern highway roadworks does my head in as it's a constant beep on this current setting and the one you programmed.[/QUOTE]

Roadworks signals often have a K band radar drone which will drive your V1 (and most other models) crazy as it is a high powered radar transmitter. The V1 being extremely sensitive to K band will react more so.

K band off or in small 'u' mode you wont get those alerts....

aC- 25-08-2012 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=row011;704275]Roadworks signals often have a K band radar drone which will drive your V1 (and most other models) crazy as it is a high powered radar transmitter. The V1 being extremely sensitive to K band will react more so.

K band off or in small 'u' mode you wont get those alerts....[/QUOTE]

PM sent.