Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > RC's Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

*sigh*.. I was into RC in a big way, and got out due to the cost.. sold my last car about 2006.

PWRX used to have RC days YEARS ago.. myself, Toni, Adz, Rob Coleski and a few others, all used to go to either Hillarys or Whitfords and use our nitro on-road RCs.

I had 1/10 on-road nitro (my pride and joy, Kyosho V-One RR Evolution, can-am shell with active rear wing, Sirio Evo 2 .12 motor), 1/18 off road electric buggies, 1/8 monster trucks, 1/10 rock crawlers, and a few drift cars (TL01, then a TT01 with heaps of hop ups)

I've been meaning to get into RC heli (my folks gave me a cheque for xmas to buy whatever heli I wanted), but I MAY just use it to get back into RC drift.. have been thinking about it ever since I saw the RC drift demo at that Rising Sunday show.

My brother in law has a pretty nice Hot Bodies drift chassis with an FD3S shell, I'll see if I can borrow it and come for a drift with you guys next time you're out
Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
She's not looking in the right place.. they are called XB (Expert Built) Kits, and last time I was there they had about 10 left... Plus they only had R32 Skylines in this style, also batmobile RX7's and EVO tens...

Craig, I'm more than happy to head down at lunchtime and purchase one for you if you want... just spot me the money back and you can pick it up from my place.. You will need to pick up a battery and a charger... 40-50 dollars for the battery, not sure about the charger. Oh and finally get yourself a set of drift wheels as the standard tyres are a bit grippy for drifting ;-).
Cool, I'll let you know. I'm still umm'ing and ahh'ing and trying to convince Louise I need one

I might keep ringing them until someone else picks up the phone, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insome View Post
Will see what range they have up there and prices and put it up in here.
Awesome, please do as Stanbridges is only a few minutes from my place.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
*sigh*.. I was into RC in a big way, and got out due to the cost..
Cost is the reason I use an electric TT-01.. they are cheap to run and maintain, and you can make them go pretty quick with minimal upgrades. Plus there is loads of 1:10 scale shells and loads of wheels/hop ups available..
Old 03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

LOL @ cheap... depending on what your version of cheap is... I bought a rustler vxl brushless before deciding to get into rc drifting.... so far i've managed to break differing parts on the rustler nearly everytime i take it out. Then again, as is often the case... you play, you pay.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insome View Post
LOL @ cheap... depending on what your version of cheap is... I bought a rustler vxl brushless before deciding to get into rc drifting.... so far i've managed to break differing parts on the rustler nearly everytime i take it out. Then again, as is often the case... you play, you pay.

The faster it goes, the more stuff breaks.. a stock TT-01 can take a lot of abuse before things break, and replacements parts are relatively inexpensive. My brushless TT-01 is always breaking steering as it's doing 60-70kmph instead of 20-30 when it hits a curb or wall haha.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
The faster it goes, the more stuff breaks.. a stock TT-01 can take a lot of abuse before things break, and replacements parts are relatively inexpensive. My brushless TT-01 is always breaking steering as it's doing 60-70kmph instead of 20-30 when it hits a curb or wall haha.
^^ is why the front end rebuild last weekend. Around 60ish, into a curb at jbhifi. Curb 1 rustler 0. Thank god for inexpensive parts.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Mann... You guys are making me wanna dig out my R/C's... I've got an electric drift with a heap of upgraded bits on it and now runs grippy tyres, and a nitro which is stock...

Dug up a couple of pics of the Yokomo electric... These are from around 7 years ago!! haha

For the record, I bought a bunch of other shells and removed all the stickers from this one... I still like the twin cannons though!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

^^ Ricetacular! Love the twin exhaust
Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

JDGT05 at standard level

sorry to drop into your thread, but what's the best place to buy and RC drift car. Ebay? Perth store?

It will be my first so I don't think getting the top end of the scale would be wise as I'm likely to crash it haha. Any help appreciated!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD.WRX View Post
sorry to drop into your thread, but what's the best place to buy and RC drift car. Ebay? Perth store?
Did you even read the thread/second page?

Tags
buy, cars, drift, drifters, model, perthwrx, rc, superu, thread