Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > For Sale
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By westoz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 04:43 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default Service to P-WRX members - New Gearboots.

Hi all...

Is your gearboot looking a bit ratty or worse for wear? I wish to provide a service, at no profit to me, to replace gearboots for fellow members on here. Off work ATM with an injury and just want to keep occupied and help out in this way. If there is enough interest, I would continue to do this service in my spare time, but I guarantee a short turn-around time.

Currently focussing on the classic models for '00 backwards, but once I have sighted models from '01 onwards there should be no issues so I believe.

The idea is that the member send me their gearknob/boot/plastic console insert to me in one piece and I'll remake a new boot of higher quality vinyl, and using Gutermann 3-cord ply thread, and refit the new boot then return to the member by post. All you need to do is stipulate preferred vinyl colour (usually black) and top-row thread colour (usually black, red, or perhaps yellow for the evo4).

The cost: member pays for post/pack both ways plus $15.00 to cover materials and thread. No charge for labour. P-WRX members ONLY. The job takes about 2 hours of delicate work with practically the hands of an eye surgeon needed, so as not to break anything such as the holding eyelets and posts for where the gearboot attaches to the underneath of the console insert.

Pics of work (sorry, but Dropbox where I upload pics to will only give the link and not hotlink/upload the pic directly to site for some unknown reason:

Old boot: here

New boot with new gearknob: here

I can also fit aftermarket gearknobs, but they have to have the same thread fitting to the original gearstick. It requires a sacrifice of your old gearknob as I need the white internal nylon section, cut to size and retaining some thread section, to lock in the top of the gearboot vinyl as it has a spear point for this purpose. I can explain in more detail if a member wished to PM me. If you are going with the original factory gearknob, then no problem.

Any questions, reply on here or send me a PM.

Note to Admin, Mods... I did send a PM to Tuna a few days back but he's obviously busy. I hope this is within the forum rules. If not, then deal with as you see fit, but please drop me a line if need be.

Regards to all,

Wayne.
gorotsuki69, AWDmoke, sean and 3 others like this.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 20-09-2015, 10:08 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Just wanted to bump this as I'm still off work for at least another 2 weeks.

Had 2 members on here show an interest so far, but neither has got back to me yet.

Cheers all.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:35 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Bump. Broken shoulder getting better now, even if so slo-o-o-o-wly, but I intend to keep this service happening for those interested.

Please PM me rather than using the "visitor message" option on the site.