Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

They've closed down. Fabian is now down in Rockingham working at West Coast Hifi, but has introduced a car audio section of the business which is really cool. He also managed to take two of his installers down there so essentially the same crew and same quality.
Old 19-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Bugger, oh well I've taken note of that.
Old 19-01-2017, 05:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Goosey at standard level

I believe you're referring to Progressive Car Audio? Have used the guys there multiple times in the past, and have always been satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
They've closed down. Fabian is now down in Rockingham working at West Coast Hifi, but has introduced a car audio section of the business which is really cool. He also managed to take two of his installers down there so essentially the same crew and same quality.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
TROLLEY likes this.
Old 19-01-2017, 06:34 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

I just dont get it. Why would you want to make an obese AWD like a subaru even more heavy than it already is? You should be removing that shit, not adding it on.
Old 20-01-2017, 03:26 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Not everyone is a racer
nick73 likes this.
Old 20-01-2017, 07:23 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Not just for racing. Think of the fuel economy savings not having to lug 100kgs of tar around everwhere.
Old 20-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I'd own a Barina if I was worried about fuel economy. I have 40 odd pounds of a dynamat type of sound deadener in my car, not just for speaker rattle but also to kill road noise, and whatever my power to weight ratio has changed by it, my ass dyno hasn't felt it, so it's really no big deal for the quieter drive.
Top-Deck and dazdavies like this.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

West Side Sound and Image in Cannington.

Not too sure if Fabian is still working there or not, but they should be able to assist

That shop is not quite the best place to go....

Sorry I do not want to burn anyone's comment but Fabian is a typical car audio installer. Fat and does nothing while a whole pile of 16 year old kids do all the work (and root your wheels as well).

I don't know much about engines but I know plenty about car audio. If you are not happy with the weight then that is a valid argument...you can have a car for racing or a car for unreal stereo, but not both. Guys talking about putting Bunnings products in the door...that is firstly illegal and secondly most of them will melt on a hot day and be the worst hassle you ever had in your life!!

There are a number of soundproofing methods, 'Dynamat' is one brand name of CLD's - Constrained Layer Dampeners. Stinger Extreme is another and Ping Jing on FleaBay is another CLD that is China cheap and should be avoided if possible. It is meant to make the door heavier so it is harder for it to resonate and harder for noise to travel through.

However if you want to soundproof 100% there is a lengthy process (it can involve MLV, CCF, ABS, OCF...these are all the proper acronyms for the brands 'Dynaliner', 'DynaPad'...'DynaBroke' )

I can give you some YouTube links if you or anyone else is interested - because a lot of them are rubbish - but some say it straight.

I dunno if you still need DynaMat but I have 4.5 boxes of it so I can spare a few sheets...bring a couple sixers and I'll put it on for you as well. Properly!
Peace
Josh

Sent by me.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Fabian isn't an installer at all. He was a salesman and ran the place. Ran the place well at that. It went to shit when the owner changed, hence why Fabian up and left and started something else in conjunction with West Coast Hifi in Rockingham (Progressive Audio).

Michael Macey (a member here) used to work at Westside and was one of the best local installers in terms of pride of work and attention to detail. His young offsider Tim learned from Michael and was a great installer at Westside and has also joined Fabian down at Progressive. Fabian has looked after myself, many friends and ex-students who I have sent his way and both Michael and Tim have done work on my car very, very well. Simple stuff but I'm OCD/anal and both looked after my car. Another installer Fabian used whose name I forget installed my HAT drivers in my doors. They were tricky due to the depth and essentially being 7" diameter drivers. He did an outstanding job and let me hang around and chat to him and help when needed.

Just like workshops and tuners however, people are going to have varying experiences depending upon when they went there and who they encountered.
astralex, Soksta and Captain Buff like this.

Last edited by TROLLEY; 10-02-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

While we're all here, does anybody have tips for removing the shit?

TROLLEY and Captain Buff like this.