Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 12:47 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

With the audio install thing, you could also use a proffesional auto electrician. (I just happen to be one haha.)
Captain Buff likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

While we're all here, does anybody have tips for removing the shit?

Well questions first

Honestly I have never had to take any large areas off personally so this is a little of related anecdote and a little of experience; but basically get a hairdryer or heat gun (bloody be careful with both so you don't burn your car down!!) but warm it up slowly and then push the DynaMat as it loosens up under heat away into a group or pile or whatever looks logical...use a plastic scraper (if you are really worried about the underside of the DynaMat) or a steel scraper (if not).

You will have to use a solvent to clean all the crap that's left off, there are the. Irmal ones but when I was doing an install one time I normally used meths or but this dude told me this one solvent...it sort of sounded like Duphon...I've just googled it and I can't remember what it was called dammit. Anyway that stuff worked a treat on the endless little black blobs and streaks you get

Hope that helps mate

Sent by me.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:49 PM

Fabian isn't an installer at all. He was a salesman and ran the place.

That was my problem. When I went in there to talk to them he didn't actually know half the stuff I was talking about and both their demo vehicles were possible the worst semi-expensive installs I have ever heard. With honesty and no offence intended! - he sounded arrogant and dum...and the acid test of an installer is to walk into their workshop and check how they keep things and he basically stood in my way. I pushed my way past him and checked out one barely a teenager kid cutting endless MDF and a pile of guys sitting down doing nothing. His offsider salesman then went to try and tell me that it was a quiet time but I watched their FB page for months and all they did was reversing cameras.

That doesn't mean that car audio shops aren't any good! In my instance I also asked the for some info but I received the distinct impression that neither of them were interested unless I wanted to give them money right now (and they never followed up until I emailed two weeks later and didn't reply).

I have other information from an old dude who had worked In the industry (had cancer and months to live) and he told me about what goes on around the WA Car and Home Audio...only because the dude is buried now.

Maybe everything here in WA is cool, maybe not, maybe i just need to have a double scotch and a chill pill...I don't know. I have heard similar things from two seperate sources mind you and it makes sense when you look at the industry.

I am just saying I have had a couple of experiences that have led me to some conclusions....by no way crucifying any person or place.

There are some real good installers in Perth for sure.
Just like workshops and tuners however, people are going to have varying experiences depending upon when they went there and who they encountered.

Exactly...the best brickie in the world can have your job tomorrow but have an argument with the missus and go out on the sauce and rock up and it's the worst crap you've seen! I think you will be able to figure a dude after meeting him half a dozen times but hell yeah: first impressions can be BS. If a dude has done good work for you and is a friend (ish) then hell yeah....no problems!

Personally every install I have done (would be near twenty now, from a carton to 5-6k components- not including install) I have done myself. Certainly wasn't a day job to get rich but is an enjoyable hobby!!

I also buy ALL my equipment and gear from the Eastern States. Right down to speaker wire.

Just saying...peace guys.
Buff

Sent by me.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
With the audio install thing, you could also use a proffesional auto electrician. (I just happen to be one haha.)

Ha! Nice...seriously there is a massive science to sound though! Same goes for sparky work - no doubt - however I have three sub woofer design programs coupled with excel spreadsheets and all the tech info from the sleazier/sub maker just so I can get a rough idea of what I need and then I head to a CAD program

I go overboard but it's a hobby I enjoy...fudge it.

Serious if you are buying quality gear and want a good sound; then no designing a sub box is heresy.

Sent by me.