Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > WRC Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SublimeForester at standard level

So many.....

Whilst queing (sp?) up for the dias at the official finish I think it was in 2000, myself and a mate were standing just at the back of the dias. There were the usually hot chicks leading the cars up the ramp. Didier Auriol pulls up in front and asks us " So is she pretty too because all I can see is her gorgeous ass!"

Following Carlos Sainz on the previously mentioned transport stage when he had lost a wheel. We actually saw him when the wheel was still on (albeit pointing 90 degrees from the way it should have). we were following in the cloud of tyre smoke, which died off as the tyre shredded and broke away, which then turned to sparks as the wheel slowly disintegrated. by the time we turned off he was down to the brake disc.

Having Sebastian Loeb waving and giving the thumbs up at me whilst I hung out the car ( we were in front of him on a transport stage) window to take pics of him.

Getting $50 off the WRC cameramen for giving up the best viewing spot Ive ever got on a rally event. We were the first ones into that viewing section on the stage and waited about 2 hours before the first cars were due through. 5 minutes before the first car was due, one of the media helicopters lands and the guys get out and start sussing out the best spot. Once they eyed my spot they werent going to go anywhere else. I didnt give it up without a fight though. They were really good and offered the $50 as compensation after hearing how long Id been waiting there.

The Muresk "yumps" in 99 ( i think). Ive got a block mounted pic of Tommi totally airborne. It was just a photo taken by a photographer, not unlike any other airbourne Tommi pic. The thing that was special to me was that myself and my old man are standing in the background opposite from where the pic was taken. My GF at the time bought it for me as a birthday present and it wasnt until she gave it too me that we realised it was us!

There are heaps more but lets face it my anicdotes are getting pretty boring....
Cheers
Brett

Tags
memories