Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   The slowest pig in Perth (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/24603-slowest-pig-perth.html)

waxdass 11-03-2009 05:18 PM

you will love the headers.... might be a bit hard to get used to the new sound tho!

good work. let me know if there is a diameter difference between the stock Sti up-pipe and the perrin one.

I used the stocker.

MKVIGTI 11-03-2009 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=waxdass]you will love the headers.... might be a bit hard to get used to the new sound tho!

good work. let me know if there is a diameter difference between the stock Sti up-pipe and the perrin one.

I used the stocker.[/QUOTE]

Already have an up pipe in it from Race Torque but was just going to Ceramic coat the Headers and up pipe so got the Perrin one to make it a drive in drive out deal. After I ordered it the Ceramic coater convinced me that it was a waste of time if I didn't do the turbo as well so the up pipe was probably a waste of time. Be interesting to see the difference between the stock, Race Torque and Perrin ones. Suspect both non stock ones will be nearly identical.

Either way will have a spare up pipe if anyone is chasing one from April.

waxdass 11-03-2009 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi]Already have an up pipe in it from Race Torque but was just going to Ceramic coat the Headers and up pipe so got the Perrin one to make it a drive in drive out deal. After I ordered it the Ceramic coater convinced me that it was a waste of time if I didn't do the turbo as well so the up pipe was probably a waste of time. Be interesting to see the difference between the stock, Race Torque and Perrin ones. Suspect both non stock ones will be nearly identical.

Either way will have a spare up pipe if anyone is chasing one from April.[/QUOTE]

I found it documented on Nasioc, the stock vs perrin diameters were the same. Hence why I didnt bother buying one with the headers - (possibly the only difference being the perrin doesnt use a venturi)

But keen to see 'first hand' information!

I might be interested, if they are not ;)

MKVIGTI 12-03-2009 07:36 AM

Dam I hate ordering stuff. Just got an e-mail this morning saying my order has shipped today. Would have been nice to know they were waiting for something when they charged my card 3 weeks ago. Was hoping they would be at the post office yesterday!!!

Oh well be late April before I get results up now and I can leave the Headers on the coffee table for 3 weeks admiring them :D :D :D

At least the Group 4's go in today :D :D :D

trusti rex 12-03-2009 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi]I doubt for long but was talking to the Race Torque boys and apparently they are suggesting going stock for replacement as they are having better results than aftermarket or refinished ones.

Don't ride it or launch hard on the street which probably helps it a bit.

Guess we will see what they can really handle.[/QUOTE]

the stock clutch in my 06 pig held up beautifully with lots of hard track work (300+ laps, sometimes around 20 in a row flat out) you just gotta know how to treat them. mind you my engine was near stock, but still...

and gee, you're hooking into that perrin catalogue too. keep it coming :icon_thum

MKVIGTI 12-03-2009 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=trusti rex]and gee, you're hooking into that perrin catalogue too. keep it coming :icon_thum[/QUOTE]

Yea buying those sway bars off you was about the worst financial decision I ever made :D :D :D

Enjoying driving the car so much more though. Cant wait to pick it up with the Group 4's in this arvo

phizzle 12-03-2009 09:52 AM

Matt, you in Perth around lunch? Come to Hyde Park Hotel about 12:30 if you are!

Car is coming along well buddy. Should be a go kart after the Grp 4's this arvo!!!!!

MKVIGTI 12-03-2009 09:59 AM

I might pass phizzle. Will end up not being able to pick up the car ( Was it CC's the old add " Can never just have 1 " ):D :D :D

[QUOTE=phizzle]Matt, you in Perth around lunch? Come to Hyde Park Hotel about 12:30 if you are!

Car is coming along well buddy. Should be a go kart after the Grp 4's this arvo!!!!![/QUOTE]

MKVIGTI 12-03-2009 06:18 PM

Group 4's freakin rock!!!

John (Wheels World ) suggested 8 clicks on the front and 6 on the rear for round town comfortable ride and start of with a couple of clicks more for play days. Does that sound about right for those that are running them.

MKVIGTI 01-04-2009 11:08 PM

Quick update. Just finished putting the Shifter Bushings in and give them a big :thumbsup: ( Oh for a home hoist and a few more inches of working space under the car )

Put the Lightened crank pulley on this morning. I think it does rev out a little better but wouldn't hand on heart say I can feel the difference. Might be the last 1/2 tenth though. Dam the stock one is heavy!!!

Turbo and dump come out Monday to go to CIC so have to wait till the 21st for it to all go back together and get tuned before I can give numbers from the headers :BangHead: