Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   The slowest pig in Perth (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/24603-slowest-pig-perth.html)

kbomb 16-04-2009 10:18 AM

BlackSTI where did you get them STI mud flaps?

ImPreSiV 16-04-2009 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=kbomb]BlackSTI where did you get them STI mud flaps?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BlackSTi][URL=http://www.rallyflapz.com/]Flaps from here[/URL][/QUOTE]

Couldn't read the whole thread?

MKVIGTI 16-04-2009 10:42 AM

Bought some bling this morning :D :D :D

Top secret till it goes on and get pics. No dobbin me in type25!!!

Headers and everything ceramic coated going on the car as we speak BUT Lanes laptop has shit the tin so he isn't going to be able to tune it by Tuesday when I was hoping to get it.

Stupid question I know but will Equal length headers cause the thing to lean out under normal driving ( My bet would be leaner ) or would it run richer so would be safe to potter around in until he is able to tune it.

jungleboy 16-04-2009 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi]Bought some bling this morning :D :D :D

Top secret till it goes on and get pics. No dobbin me in type25!!!

Headers and everything ceramic coated going on the car as we speak BUT Lanes laptop has shit the tin so he isn't going to be able to tune it by Tuesday when I was hoping to get it.

Stupid question I know but will Equal length headers cause the thing to lean out under normal driving ( My bet would be leaner ) or would it run richer so would be safe to potter around in until he is able to tune it.[/QUOTE]

Headers shouldn't cause it to lean out. The ECU measures the air entering the engine through the MAF sensor and adds the appropriate amount of fuel(verified with oxygen sensor in headers when in closed loop control) to achieve a target air fuel ratio specified in your fuel map.

BALISTC 16-04-2009 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=jungleboy]Headers shouldn't cause it to lean out. The ECU measures the air entering the engine through the MAF sensor and adds the appropriate amount of fuel(verified with oxygen sensor in headers when in closed loop control) to achieve a target air fuel ratio specified in your fuel map.[/QUOTE]

Cool story. Google told you that?

jungleboy 16-04-2009 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Cool story. Google told you that?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I've been looking at the various tables on my 06 sti with rom raider and the fuel map is just a table of target air fuel ratios rather than IDCs.

MKVIGTI 16-04-2009 04:06 PM

I got smart and they are going to put the now nicely ceramic coated dump pipe and turbo housing back in with the old up pipe and factory headers until Lane is able to tune it. Frustrating but at least I won't have to worry about popping it.

I know it will cop a squirt at least once no matter how good I try to be.

What Jungleboy says makes sense BUT it could be a very expensive exercise if he's not right.

MKVIGTI 22-04-2009 11:13 AM

I now have in my possession a Prodrive Grille Kit as fitted to the RB320's and a Pre-Painted polyurethane front lip ( With the Stinless Steel STi badge ). Can't believe it took so long for mum to convert me to ebay.

Now just to get the car back from Lane when he finishes the tune so I can fit them :D :D :D

Big question now. Do I really bite the bullet and rip the STi stickers off the fog light covers or leave them there???

MKVIGTI 22-04-2009 07:13 PM

Got the car back from Race Torque this arvo. Lane didn't have time to tune it and looks like he will be flat out for the next few weeks so he checked it and it is running rich but nice and safe so I thought screw it I'll have it back and tune it when he is free. At this stage 24th of June :( :( :(

Bear in mind it hasn't been tuned for the new headers and up-pipe it pulled 211.6kw atw @ 5300rpm & 407.9nm @ 4300rpm( derived torque ) in 4th gear. Motive force of 6345N if that means anything to any of you as well. Was 200kw last time it was tuned but never got any dyno sheets to compare. Will post up graphs after it is tuned but hoping for 220+

Feels heaps quicker. Don't think I like the sound pulling away from the lights but cruising and on song I love it :D :D :D

Under bonnet temps have dropped dramatically with the ceramic coating which I am pleasantly surprised by considering all the heat shielding has now been removed.

Bling going on tomorrow and then get some pics up when I get around to washing it.

phizzle 23-04-2009 08:48 AM

Nice one Matt. More powerful digger, more powerful car, your just a power monger :p Can't wait to see what she looks like with some rice and bling.