Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Doug, can we get an update on the progress of this car?
yeah, sure why not.

We ran it as a camera car in Targa West 2009 pretty much as it was at that trade show. Basically we run amongst competing cars to get action shots without getting in anyone's way.

After Targa I set it back up for proper gravel rallying.
DMS 50mm shocks, 15" rims, sumpguard etc.
I also fitted a 2 way plate LSD R180 with a Perrin rear cover to increase oil capacity. A 2006 DCCD 6 speed transmission and the rear hubs that I had on the old Legacy rally car. They were Brembo hubs but converted back to 2 pot Nissan calipers with scrapers to keep the mud and rocks from wearing out the calipers. A Norm Butler 3" rally spec exhaust and an Autronic SMC to run the engine. A Neetronics DCCD controller runs the diff coupling.
I've fitted the alloy rear arms from a 2005 STi to increase the rear track too.

We did the Western Safari rally in Mundaring in 2009 to make sure it was all good. The event was way rougher than we had anticiapted and the car was set up too low. I ended up with the front wheel tearing the wiring loom out of the wheel arch. I managed to temporarily rig it up to limp out of stage to service and get it repaired. I think we finished the rally 6th in the end.

The Donnelly rally was the first rally in the 2010 WA championship and I had John Mortimer [JMAX] beside me which was a great boost for my confidence.
The car was excellent but it got really dusty and there was a Charade seeded in front of us and we just couldn't see. The Charade driver had a dust gap from 3 cars in front of him retiring so it was just a bad situation for us.
I think we finished 6th in the end.

The second round of the 2010 rally season was the Forest rally in Busselton/Nannup. It's also a round of the Australian championship so the event is split into 2 categories. We were the second car in the lower category of WA only competitors. The car in front of me blew up on the first stage so I ended up being seeded behind the last car in the major category. It happened to be a guy in a Mitsubishi Mirage. Even with a 5 minute gap we caught him in stages often. There's a great shot of my car almost pushing him across the line in one stage! We finished the first day in second place in the WA category. We ran the same strategy on the second day and the stage times were good. We broke a rear driveshaft with a few stages to go and elected to swap it over between stages instead of doing 30+ km with the shaft flopping around. This meant exclusion from the results, but we still did every stage and would have been second overall if we were included.

Experts Cup Rally is in Collie and is my favorite of the season, I never miss it.
The car was faultless but we struggled with the notes and confidence on the fast stuff I couldn't remember too well. Again I think we finished 5th or 6th.

to be continued.........
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Just for you Jezza... Some from the archives:

The man is a hoon!

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Excellent shots - my fav part of all of them is the casual almost nonchalant look on Dougie's face as he travels sideways
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Stuff yeah! Great photos!

Tags
car, dt, rally, sti