Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Soksta's MY11 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/39098-sokstas-my11.html)

Soksta 30-11-2014 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=RichX;812509]Do you have the MCA reds in yet? If so how are you liking them? From what I have read/heard, they are Aussie hand assembled and meant to be pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

Not yet.
I've been tied up with other financial commitments so these are on the back burner for the time being.

The support is one of the options that I factored in when I thought about getting these, as well as the fact that they aren't a one size fits all type of application.

Soksta 14-01-2015 09:05 PM

So with the 5 year anniversary of owning this car coming up, I have been doing some serious thinking about the future.

Unfortunately I have decided that I won't be retaining the car beyond the next couple of months and will be passing the car onto a friend of mine who will look after the car and enjoy it at the same time.

It has been a fun ride over the years, but with changing commitments and wanting to get back into holidaying around the state and fishing again, I've opted for a more practical car that will serve me just as well as this car has.

Whilst I won't be in the same car, I will still be sporting a turbo charged Subaru of some sort ;)

Soksta 15-02-2015 12:30 PM

So after 4.5 years of ownership this car has now gone to another home.
I was happy to hear from the new owner that they absolutely loved the drive home and will look after and enjoy the car as much as I have.

I've been informed that the new car should be ready for collection mid next week and I will update this thread as it is required.

nick73 15-02-2015 12:54 PM

Turbo forester?

Soksta 15-02-2015 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=nick73;816831]Turbo forester?[/QUOTE]
Correct!

G3ng 15-02-2015 06:29 PM

Foz, nice! Just curious, how much did your rex went for?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Soksta 15-02-2015 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=G3ng;816841]Foz, nice! Just curious, how much did your rex went for?[/QUOTE]

Considering the age, km, mods, etc, I was able to get a price in the high 20's, something that I was actually comfortable with.
Trying to find a reasonable price based on the year, km, etc was pretty hard as there are only a few MY11s on the market that I could find.
A number of them had much higher km and were asking unrealistic prices.

Master D 16-02-2015 09:20 AM

Congrates Tony :-)

I'm sincerely looking forward to the next episode of "whats that squeak and where is it coming from? The XT Edition"

Soksta 18-02-2015 07:46 PM

Well I picked up a 2015 Forrester XT Premium in Satin White Pearl today and I must admit, I actually like it a lot more now than when I started looking into getting a new car to replace the WRX.

Only put about 60km on it so far and I can't seem to fault it just yet, better not being a new car and all.
This default intelligent mode gets a bit boring though, putting it into sports # does cause one to be thrown back into the seat!

[QUOTE=Master D;816863]I'm sincerely looking forward to the next episode of "whats that squeak and where is it coming from? The XT Edition"[/QUOTE]

Haha, so far so good :D

Sharpy.au 01-04-2015 01:24 PM

So how are you finding the new Forrester? I've started thinking about getting a crossover or small/medium SUV for the same reason's you mentioned and the Forrester seems like the best of the bunch.

Either that or the Cherokee Trailhawk, but the Jeep reputation is off putting.