Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Potentially...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 30-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

I was like meh in the chrome but they do look much much better in the grey colour...
Old 30-06-2011, 07:31 AM

RichX knows their stuff

As above
Old 30-06-2011, 07:51 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

yep that is it, winner
Old 30-06-2011, 08:04 AM
STI Master

BoxorBeast at standard level

are they the Varstoen rims? Was looking into these not long ago... They don't concave as much as the Rays but still are nice

Looks good
Old 30-06-2011, 09:51 AM
STI Master

SKYHIONPSI at standard level

No HID/Xenon/Projector lens as standard on the X?
Old 30-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Tino(before ninja edit) - My car lives on the road... It drives me to work and back on a daily basis... It even has a baby seat... I don't really want to roll around that much/often and to the places I go to on $4000+ worth of wheels! There is a set of 2nd hand 19" TE37's on the skyline forum at the moment for $3500 2nd hand... but even then, by the time i get them over here and paint/powdercoat them, they will be $4k + tyres...

If it was a hard-parker, then I'd definitely save up, but for a car that does so many km's, I just don't like the idea of being worried about them all the time!? plus... $6k+ on rolling stock(wheels/tyres/lugs)... That's a heap of $$'s for mods that I'm turning down in the name of going with a slightly lighter, Jap-made wheel?

They are a flat black wheel, just the chop makes them look a bit grey... and, as mentioned above, they are a Varrstoen 2.2.2 19x9.5 +12. They do a 10.5" width wheel which is a bit more concave, but as the +22 offset does not clear the brembo's, I would still have to go with a +12 and that is going to be a bit 'too flush' for me, so a 9.5" will have to do(Evo above with the polished wheels is the same 19x9.5 +12).

Skyhionpsi - Only the MR got HID's as standard...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe

Last edited by Jimmy S; 30-06-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 30-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

^^^^

hahahha Jimmy... i changed it like almost immediatly.. Yeh i didnt want you to think i was having a go at you hence i removed it...

but to me the varstonens dont look like the TE37 that they are trying to imitate..

imo you can daily with a really nice set of rims, you just have to be careful with negotiating curbs.. that would be the only issue and thats all down to driver error.. I cant see why driving anywhere will damage the rims? Youve got tyres underneath the rim for this purpose

to me you literally obsess with the te37s more so than any other person i know... hence why im saying this to you..
Old 30-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

How spendy are these rims Jimmysan?
Old 30-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Haha... All good man! To be honest, I started looking at the Varrstoen's for their CE28 copy wheel as I wanted to stay away from the TE37 copies.. Not because I want or even prefer the original, but because it's just been done so much!

I really like the style of the Varrstoen's though as they are more like the larger 19" GTR face TE37's whereas the Rota Grid's are more like the smaller 18" TE's but with the concave spokes.

I certainly don't hope to get any wheel damaged by doing regular driving, and I don't make a habit of kerbing wheels, but I know that if I had invested as much as I would need to, to buy genuine TE37's then I would worry about it despite the probability of anything happening!

The truth of it is, that there are a number of other wheels that I would buy before forking out $4k+ for TE's, even if I do like them, and the really suit the Evo X. Going down the copy road gets me a similar style at a practical price, which is why I am considering it.
I have always been open minded to the cheaper ranges of wheels, not just because I have no money-tree's at home, but because I understand that wheels are built for a purpose, and as long as it stays together inside my tyre, whilst improving the look of my car, it is fulfilling that purpose! Don't get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't be fitting heavy-ass chromies to any car, but a reasonable weight wheel that suits the car, to me, is worthwhile giving a go!

After buying my first set of Rota's last year, this has only been confirmed by my own personal experience.
I will never try to say that the cheaper, copy wheels are a better wheel than the Jap-made originals that a lot of them are based on, but when I can buy 3 sets of the copy wheel for every 1 set of originals, and still have change left over for tyres... Given my experience, it's hard to justify forking out my hard-earned, but limited dough.

Anyway... that's just me...

p.s - Tino, you are the BIGGEST fan-boi I know who still has not bought a set of TE's.. If I was a fan-boi for any wheel, it would be Work Meister's... Which unfortunately, won't clear my brembo's... in any size(without spacers)

John-boy: I can get these delivered direct from the states for US$1500. --> Answer my sms!!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe

Tags
evo with stretch marks!, jimmy, mao stretch never failz, spec, traitor