Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2011, 09:08 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

blackwrxwagon at standard level
Default 944T + my car history

Thought I might as well chuck a thread on my other car, so you know who the random is down at coffee.

Started with a 03 WRX wagon on here about a year ago, had plans for it but didn't get time to do much more than just a nice stereo, until i hit skippy at 100km/h and wrote the car off (had an exam 15 hours later as well).

Have been using this as a daily, and will be until I pick up a new car.

Its a 1986 Porsche 944 turbo - 2.5l 4cyl. Front engine, rear transaxle,
250,000 km on the clock, and was totally stock.

Purchased from adelaide in january, drove it back over 2.5 days, which was a fairly epic trip. Drove through 200km of storm on the friday arvo (back end of the cyclone that hit qld early in the year). Wheel alignment and balance was really bad, had one tyre let go 600km out of adelaide on saturday morning. Had to climb an emergency phone pole (which wasn't working) to get phone reception. Won't forget sitting 3m above the nullabore in medium-heavy winds trying to find out where the closest tyre shop was. But as it was a weekend, nothing was open that could supply a 255/40/17 tyre, so we changed on the folded space saver (which was original - 25 years old and never used). Proceeded to drive 2000km on the space saver at 70-80km/h, until the other rear tyre decided to develop a bulge just outside of northam on the sunday arvo, and then somehow limped it home at 50km/h.

Now has;
4 point custom bolt in cage.
OMP record 2 seats
PMu pads ( H16-03 fronts - as used in V8 supercars) (HC+ rears)
RDA slotted rotors
Bilstein coil kit - special kit with offset mounts ect
Custom plates

Will be getting a motec, 3in exhaust and a new lsd in the next 6 months, and then a 2.7l or 3l built engine in 18 months or so.

Anyway, pics

[/QUOTE]

Car is now finished, but don't have any half decent photos of it, so hence you get the shitty ones above.

#26 E series HSV senator - bunky

Tags
944t, car, history