Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   MY12 company bus (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/47664-my12-company-bus.html)

GTB Liberty 02-03-2012 10:03 AM

Application of some heat with hairdrier against lettering can help as well.

Or leave it out in the sun on one of our hotter days.

ewrxion87 02-03-2012 10:11 AM

nah the subaru badeg is ok because ive ordered the chrome delete panel which ive been waiting 3 weeks for now :( so much for express post...

just want to take the Impreza letters off the tailgate.

did u buff over it when done..or just wax to clean the paint

[QUOTE=huggy_b;657153]What handsome Dan above said. Braid fishing line (~20lb) works perfect for the back badges to "slice" them off the adhesive, then rub any residue off. Its not difficult. If you are at the cruise I can show you and it will take you no more than 3 minutes to do it. I can even bring you some braid if you dont have any.

EDIT: if you are talking about the oval subaru badge, then thats a different story altogether.[/QUOTE]

Soksta 02-03-2012 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=huggy_b;657153],then rub any residue off. Its not difficult.[/QUOTE]
Some people also use eucalyptus oil to fully get the residue off, not too sure how it works, goo remover should be able to work as well.

[QUOTE=huggy_b;657153]EDIT: if you are talking about the oval subaru badge, then thats a different story altogether.[/QUOTE]

Will be left with 2 holes in the boot, I'll try and find the pics if you like of the impreza bumper that I had put on my car.

ewrxion87 02-03-2012 10:16 AM

awesome :)

Huggy, those rims look sick BTW. Black ftw. cant believe you went so wide tho haha :P

American Dave 02-03-2012 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=magic1;657144]we need a poll!

1. ImPreSiV with white wheels :)
2. ImPreSiV with black wheels :D[/QUOTE]

once you go black you never look back :D

huggy_b 02-03-2012 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=ewrxion87;657160]awesome :)

Huggy, those rims look sick BTW. Black ftw. cant believe you went so wide tho haha :P[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you want less hassles stick to an 8.5" rim - I just wanted to fill the guards a bit.....

EDIT: Once you take the badge off, you can give it a quick polish if there is any issues. Like I said, if you are at the cruise Sunday I can help you do it in like 2 or 3 minutes.

TROLLEY 02-03-2012 03:06 PM

Looks shit-hot :thumbsup:

monkeee 02-03-2012 03:35 PM

I like it.

huggy_b 03-03-2012 04:24 PM

Well I jacked the old girl up and put her on stands to pull out the cat back section and replace it with the Ultrex exhaust I have in my spare room. Unfortunately they didn't join all that well, so instead I just replaced the mufflers for now as that was the least painful and easiest thing to do - suprisingly good sound. So at least I have a little bark to match my new aggressive look.

bird 03-03-2012 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=huggy_b;657540]Well I jacked the old girl up and put her on stands to pull out the cat back section and replace it with the Ultrex exhaust I have in my spare room. Unfortunately they didn't join all that well, so instead I just replaced the mufflers for now as that was the least painful and easiest thing to do - suprisingly good sound. So at least I have a little bark to match my new aggressive look.[/QUOTE]

Snorkus delete will also give you more low end growl, while allowing you to hear the turbo spool up.

Just an idea :)