Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   MY12 company bus (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/47664-my12-company-bus.html)

huggy_b 28-02-2012 08:43 AM

MY12 company bus

Well I have been on here for a while now, stirred a bit of shit and met a few people so I figure I should do a proper intro!

Around Oct 2010, my old company car (Hilux) was creeping up to 100,000km so I started deciding what I was gonna replace it with. For tax reasons another ute would have been better, but with my changing work role in the company I wanted a normal sedan - if I need a ute we have 3 others at work. So now it came down to bargaining with the boss (old man) about what I could get. I was given the parameters of "why not get a Calais like mine, or something equivilent?" - with equivilent being the clincher for me to propose a WRX. The old man looked smug and thought I wouldn't be in the price range, but I presented all the figures and he reluctantly agreed - BINGO! Went out and put a MY12 on order, January delivery.

During the wait, I started to accumulate some bits and pieces to add to the car when it arrived. I have been cunningly putting some purchases through the company, others I am footing myself. The old man doesn't want me to "modify" the car, so stealth is the order of the day......

So far the changes include:

Boring legal 35% tint
De-badged
Hella Supertones
AEM CAI
Ultrex C/F front lip
Cobb Racing short shifter
Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings
Alcantara gear boot replacement
Rally Armour mudflaps (black)
6.5 inch RF splits front
6.5 inch RF 2-ways rear
10" DVC RF sub
Alpine MRX-V60 amp
17" G-Max rims (white) and red Rays lugs nuts

Couple of pics from the WRX Club of WA supercruise:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/wombat01/cp746.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/wombat01/cp749.jpg[/IMG]

The white rims were a long term view, they are lighter than stock so they will be replaced soon (this week infact) at which point they will be shod with some street legal(ish) race rubber for extra curricular activities.

End of the week I'll be sporting gunmetal Rota's: either 18 x 9.5 DPT or 18 x 9 G Force with yokohama s-drives (245/40) and STD coilovers - should improve the stance somewhat.

Also I have a few goodies sitting in the spare bedroom including Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS, PW TMIC, Ultrex 3" TBE and an ultrex H-Brace. I only have 2700km on the car right now, so I wanted to get through that 5000 - 6000km barrier and give it an oil change before getting the tune, so for now it lays in wait (although I am going to see if the cat-back section of the exhaust will fit up this weekend). Toying with the idea of adding a Deatschwerks drop in fuel pump and some slightly bigger injectors to give myself a little headroom on the tune, but undecided if I want to go that far yet.......

Julz 28-02-2012 08:55 AM

Win

American Dave 28-02-2012 08:56 AM

well well who do we have here...Huggy Bpresive
Nice write up and I like where this is going. I would go the G Force Rotas but thats just personal taste. You will be pleased with S Drives but probably not the price.
I would be getting it tuned asap if you are running the AEM CAI. The stock tune is rich and rubbish so you aren't doing the engine any favours by waiting imo especially with the CAI. Spend the money on a bigger WL rear sway bar and links and def an WL ALK if you are going lower on coils. Better brake pads also wouldn't be a pad idea.
Unless you are heading down the path of a bigger snail I wouldn't bother spending money on bigger injectors or fuel pump but again my opinion.

Kato 28-02-2012 09:00 AM

Lowering springs or coilovers + a tune will be happy days.

Welcome to the pain that is FBT.

ImPreSiV 28-02-2012 09:22 AM

thats impresiv

TROLLEY 28-02-2012 09:33 AM

Huggy, you're swapping out those white rims? Will you be selling them?
Also +1 for S-Drives :D

huggy_b 28-02-2012 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=American Dave;656225]well well who do we have here...Huggy Bpresive
Nice write up and I like where this is going. I would go the G Force Rotas but thats just personal taste. You will be pleased with S Drives but probably not the price.
I would be getting it tuned asap if you are running the AEM CAI. The stock tune is rich and rubbish so you aren't doing the engine any favours by waiting imo especially with the CAI. Spend the money on a bigger WL rear sway bar and links and def an WL ALK if you are going lower on coils. Better brake pads also wouldn't be a pad idea.
Unless you are heading down the path of a bigger snail I wouldn't bother spending money on bigger injectors or fuel pump but again my opinion.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, the G Force were my favoured option. And the S-Drives are on the higher side of the 300's than I expected, but they are the only think keeping you attached to the road so its an area I dont want to skimp on.

Money isn't the issue for the tune, time is. Hard to find enough of it to have my car off the road for a day, plus I am in peak season for working away up north or out on the rigs so I am spending a fair amount of time away - so the tune unfortunately has to take a back seat for now.

WL gear, I've thought about it, but I will just see how it goes with coilovers for now. I was considering the upgrade to the fuel system as I have read a few guys have almost maxed out the IDC with similar mods. Plus I am thinking about setting up a dual tune (if its possible), one for 98 and one for E85 which will probably need some extra flow.....

[QUOTE=Julz;656224]Win[/QUOTE]

Cheers! :)

[QUOTE=Kato;656226]Lowering springs or coilovers + a tune will be happy days.

Welcome to the pain that is FBT.[/QUOTE]

The company can pay the FBT, and as mentioned coilies on this Saturday (just in time for the cruise).

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;656240]thats better than impresiv[/QUOTE]

Cheers, 2012 > 2011 :p

monkeee 28-02-2012 09:39 AM

Nice huggy.

I'm with A-Dave, Rota G-Force's over DPT's.

GTB Liberty 28-02-2012 10:39 AM

Looking good Brendon.

Big thumbs up for a general all around nice guy :)

kid 28-02-2012 12:31 PM

Hey mate, nice to see a good clean car with tasteful mods....

Both those choices of Rota would look bombed....