Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Spektre & KAMImages new toy... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/48980-spektre-kamimages-new-toy.html)

huggy_b 21-06-2012 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=Spektre;688331]update time...

so our wrx is a FWD car... no, literally. The viscous coupling is fucked, turning the fronts while all car suspended rears dont turn at all.

Rear diff is also 4.44 ratio, not 4.11 as it should be. This would of been putting pressure on the viscous coupling and blown it.

so, will be ringing Doug in the morning to organise a viscous coupling and see if he wants to trade a 4.44 diff with a 4.11...[/QUOTE]

What a pain in the ass, but on the other hand at least you have found the issue.

pmh 21-06-2012 09:22 PM

So seller did a swifty?

Philbo 21-06-2012 09:27 PM

If Doug doesn't want to do a swap I have one here yours for $100 :) plus a six pack of Rekorderlig :)

teejay 21-06-2012 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=pmh;688336]So seller did a swifty?[/QUOTE]

Without doubt - not a chance its done dyno and track time with the current setup

Spektre 21-06-2012 09:43 PM

^^^ teejay, the guy has been exemplary with this car that owned it before hand. To drive it you would not know, may have been fine in the dyno then heated after. No one knows and let's just keep it positive. We are actually really excited to be doing this and learning.

Will let you know Phil tomorrow? Might pick up tomorrow arvo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUSSGT 22-06-2012 08:01 AM

Surely Evo R told you that when it was on the dyno?

teejay 22-06-2012 08:23 AM

Yeah sorry for my abrupt reply last night, may of been a legimate mistake.

But in my early dak dak days, we (i.e I stood around while people worked) swapped a mates 4.11 diff over... for what we were told was a jdm 4.11 diff, it was a 4.4

It lasted 20km before going bang.

Potentially this had a nice lsd or the like in it, was swapped prior to sale and they accidentally put the wrong one in?

huggy_b 22-06-2012 08:37 AM

I reckon teejay's theory is pretty sound. Id at least talk to the seller, may not have been intentional but he has sold you a product that's not fit for purpose / potentially unsafe. I know the sales is "as is", but maybe they might come to the party and help you out a bit.

Kato 22-06-2012 08:59 AM

Seller will never admit to anything. Probably bought it like that him/herself and never knew. Probably run up by another dyno operator who didn't mention it was FWD only or it hadn't shit itself at that point.

Too many variables.

At least the problem is known, the cure is known and skids can happen soon! :D

Spektre 22-06-2012 09:11 AM

Yeah really don't give a fuck really.. Looking forward to getting dirty tonight and on the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk