Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Spektre & KAMImages new toy... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/48980-spektre-kamimages-new-toy.html)

Bob 22-06-2012 09:51 AM

Obviously unexpected but that's what this car is all about. Rip it's guts out and learn a few things along the way. I'm sure it will be all sorted soon. Have fun. Get the photographer to work along the way. Be keen to see what the center diff looks like.

kamimages 22-06-2012 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Kato;688401]Seller will never admit to anything. Probably bought it like that him/herself and never knew. Probably run up by another dyno operator who didn't mention it was FWD only or it hadn't shit itself at that point.

Too many variables.

At least the problem is known, the cure is known and skids can happen soon! :D[/QUOTE]

I'd lean more in this direction...and to be honest not even phased at this point...what better way to learn...who else gets to lay on their freaking cold ass garage floor on a thurs night and be educated in diff ratios...why do housewives scrapbook this is so much more interesting...

kamimages 22-06-2012 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=Bob;688425]Obviously unexpected but that's what this car is all about. Rip it's guts out and learn a few things along the way. I'm sure it will be all sorted soon. Have fun. Get the photographer to work along the way. Be keen to see what the center diff looks like.[/QUOTE]

Bob...photographer is on strike...my hands will be dirty...lol...I'll iPhone spec update u! ;)

kamimages 22-06-2012 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]8672[/ATTACH]
How's everyone else's Friday night look?

RUSSGT 22-06-2012 05:58 PM

Lol what a wife!!

trblmkr 22-06-2012 06:03 PM

[I]C.C. and WD40...????[/I] not sure if thats gonna take off. LOL...

seagull 22-06-2012 08:15 PM

RSR-WRC, has a center diff for a 5MT & the 4.11 I was telling you about that I had here

kamimages 23-06-2012 12:25 PM

Friday night shenanigans update...

Drained oil from diff and gear box...diff oil smelt like a nazi Jewish concentration camp...

Removed exhaust after finding nut missing from back of turbo housing anyway...

Pulled out drive train, took off rear wheels, undid linkage arms...persuaded drive arms out of diff housing....

Dropped diff out...not on anyone's chest...removed Craig's hands from my chest...continued...

Removed back of old diff housing to Suss out drive ratio...it's a 39:11....so 3.55....been dragging ass around Philip island...

Removed shifter assembly and gear box mounts...began persuading back casing for centre diff off...to take off shifter knuckle to get to viscous coupling...

Gave up at midnight...

pmh 23-06-2012 12:33 PM

Diff straight off a stock wrx, 3.54
You've checked the box is indeed 4.11?

seagull 23-06-2012 12:34 PM

The rear diff is out of a aussi wrx then. 3.54 ratio

lol PMH got me