Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

In context with this thread we should now observe a 100km distance between cars, trucks and bikes and a blanket ban on all commercial vehicles.
Old 15-12-2012, 09:20 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
As much as I didn't dig the decorations, WEAK AS PISS taking them off!

In this situation i did fold a bit quickly so what i tried to be festive and people don't like it so before my car gets torched its a good idea to take it off as i've heard of people with the aussie flags on their car get pelted with shit from other drivers that don't agree with it.
Old 16-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Sir AntiLag

PoktRokt at standard level

Cat, they are all keyboard warriors, never cave in!!!
Do what you want.
People you know well offline will give you advice!
You can't please everyone!
Old 16-12-2012, 09:36 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoktRokt View Post
Cat, they are all keyboard warriors, never cave in!!!
Do what you want.
People you know well offline will give you advice!
You can't please everyone!
Thanks jess , for some reason i never meet those keyboard warriors at cruises or events...... I wonder why

This i gave up quickly but the one thing that i will never fold on no matter how many people disapprove is doing the conversion on my rx
Old 17-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
=This i gave up quickly but the one thing that i will never fold on no matter how many people disapprove is doing the conversion on my rx
For the love of all that is holy why?

P:S Keen for more hills runs and gravel bashing!
Cat likes this.
Old 18-12-2012, 09:08 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

latest mod as of today.... finally got the cars windows tinted, thanks to TKO they did an awesome job so no more horrible hot summer drives

On another note the real work on the car is now starting and i need a bit of help with it . the first thing i want to do is get coilovers in the next 2 weeks , i was looking at tein coilovers but i'm not sure who stocks or sells them or would there be a better brand to go for as the car will be used 70% street 30% track and i'll also want to get sway bars too. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

onto the next dillema which is brakes i have done a bit of searching but have not found anywhere that sells and fits brembo brakes, does anyone know a reputable shop that can do this in perth because i would prefer not to buy them online or again any other brands that would best to use.

and finally finding a good halfcut again i have been searching but only have found engines with high kms or stupidly priced (on ebay) and i have searched jws and kyp sites but they don't have much atm so any recomendations where i can get that aswell will make me very happy.

thanks in advance
Old 18-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Why brembos?
Old 18-12-2012, 09:33 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Quote:
i'll also want to get sway bars too. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mao at Evo R would be a good port of call for some whiteline swaybars, otherwise a set of WRX/STI ones would always be a cheap improvement. One thing you'll need to do before you start though is to source a set of WRX rear lateral links. The non-turbo models don't have the rear swaybar mounting bracket which is welded to the rear link, so you'll need to change these out.

The clean painted 'bars' are the links I swapped into my car. The one toward the front of the car will look different on yours, more like a piece of flat metal rolled like a taco shell (I swapped my original bracketless link into this position).

Quote:
onto the next dillema which is brakes i have done a bit of searching but have not found anywhere that sells and fits brembo brakes, does anyone know a reputable shop that can do this in perth because i would prefer not to buy them online or again any other brands that would best to use.
Try JWS, Japline, etc. for a second hand set. Honestly though, these are going to cost massive bucks - a WRX 4/1 or 4/2 pot set up would be enough if you ask me. You'll have to swap out your rear hubs for WRX ones, fronts bolt straight on. A set of slotted rotors and decent pads and you'll be sweet.

I'm running a 4/1 set up with slotted front rotors, and have had many close calls from things jumping out in front of me - kangaroos, utes, etc. Not once have I felt the car was lacking in the brake department (I do have decent street tyres which would also be helping here).

Quote:
and finally finding a good halfcut
JWS or Japline. Both of them will tell you good half cuts are getting scarce. I've got JWS piecing me a V6 STI 'half cut' together out of separate parts they have laying about - you might get lucky and have one turn up, but expect the worst. May be a totally different story for a STI cut that matches your model year though.
Old 18-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Philbo at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Philbo

Just fit a stock set of WRX 4 Pots with decent pads and rotors, can stop just as well for track and they are WAAAYYY cheaper than doing brembos on it.
Old 18-12-2012, 09:34 PM
STI Master

forde at standard level

Don't even bother with the websites. Go into JWS and talk to fats. If they don't have what you want, they will find it. They can do the conversion for you as well. Or give S Technic a call. Do not waste your time buying individual parts if you want to do a conversion. Its way cheaper to buy a half cut.

I could do you a conversion similar to mine for you if offered the right price.

Tags
balls, because racecar, boost, cat, chop chop ad, dak, dok, dok dok boom!, dokless, heard a slight tapping...... meh she'll be right, let it die, limiter launchs rule!!, lot, needs more cable ties, rattle can presentable, rip funny tags, snap dakle pop, sorta running well, stock