Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

LOL you spent $15K on the half cut, as if you would sell already?
Old 19-12-2012, 03:09 PM
STI Master

forde at standard level

Actually current circumstances mean I would very seriously consider it.
Old 19-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

On the subject of needing a new build thread.. How about a JDM GC8 STi Rally Car? Could be one coming soon..
Old 19-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Calling farnam!!!!!
SyncSubaru likes this.
Old 19-12-2012, 03:23 PM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

Old 19-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by forde View Post
Buy my car for 16k. Has all the good bits from an 05 STI.
Are you serious, take less for cash
Old 19-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
This.

Gav's car is incredible ... absolutely flawless.

You are going "sti spec" - does that include 6 speed, r180, alloy arms etc?

Having a v4/5/6 sti cut is really not sti spec these days, especially if the rest of the car is still rx underneath.
Thanks TJ

Plus it has 6 speed, Brembos etc etc...
Old 19-12-2012, 04:16 PM
STI Master

forde at standard level

Lol I'm starting to think I should have set the price higher. I will get back to interested parties tonight. Sorry for the thread hijack.
Old 19-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
Does that happen to be the one that was Stolen though? I heard a story about one that was a stolen car that was bought uber cheap.
No.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-12-2012, 05:52 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
Are you going to get the car resprayed so it also looks mint?

Or if you like the GC8's make me an offer for my mint GC8 Sti that I can't refuse
yes respray will be on the list just not yet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Cat - I am still amazed that you don't see how this conversion idea is like owning a boat.

A hole to pour money into that will be worth much less than the total cost that you put into it.

If it was me I would be doing the minimum to your current car excepting if the offer is too good to refuse (such as the penny purchase of my GT brakes) and track, learn, enjoy and when the time comes purchase an Sti which will still have its own mods that you'll want to do. However, you'll have a chance of retaining the value with an Sti where as your converted GX will not.

My 2 cents.
i understand how much money this is going to cost but i'm willing to spend it,the value of my car is important only to me as i can quite confidently say i will NOT be selling this car so i do not care about the resale value at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
This is the one thing I find funny about this whole situation. (And again it is your money so go right ahead and do whatever you want, none of us will try stop you)

You are going to drop I would say somewhere around $20,000 all up (parts and labour) if you are to do this properly. Somewhere close to $25-30K if you did it with late model STI stuff. Thats why generally the people that do these sort of conversions carry out the work themselves, to learn and to save thousands and thousands of dollars on labour, not pay someone to do it.

Then when all is said and done in 1, 2, 3, or 5 years time you want to sell your car and buy a new one (who knows, maybe you get knocked up and are due to pop a kid out or something, and you need a soccer mum's car).
Then you will need to sell your red RX. Yes it will still be an 1994 RX with a conversion, not an STI. So you will probably get about 7 or 8 K for it.

If you sell now, you have 4 grand in your hand (guessing).
Spend anther $20K and you own a mint condition low-ish KM 05 STI with 207, brembo's, 6 speed DCCD gearbox, paintwork and body condition will be in good nick. better PCD, nicer interior, pretty much the works! It is also likely the previous owner would have done exhaust, tune and probably whiteline goodies before you even buy it too. so you are pretty much good to go straight away with no money to be spent....
Not to mention it would make a shit load better and more comfy daily driver as the car would be only 7 years old (not 18 years old)....

And yes this car is actually worth $25,000, not $8,000 when you are finished with it. So you can insure it for more than what it is worth (god forbid you actually crash it).

People here are trying to help you understand that you would be a lot happier in the long run if you make the hard (but smart) decision now to sell your car.

Also because Perth WRX is the awesome place that it is, they will also help you with parts and knowledge should you choose to go the other (not so smart) route.

Just my 2 cents, I will leave you be to waste your money now...
1996 rx and i've already crashed it before btw and i understand that everyone is being very helpful and hoping that i make the "smart decision" and what i have tried to tell people is i am keeping this car i have no intentions on selling it. Even if i do have kids and need a different car it wouldn't hurt to keep it as a track car.

so i'll say it....... I LOVE MY CAR AND WILL NEVER SELL IT , if i do you can all say i told you so

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
"No no no its such a unique RX and I just love IT sooooooo much... Ill always love it!!!"
damn straight it's unique because i own it

on another topic tonight i will be taking the rx to whoop ass and see what time i can get now compared to later when the conversion is done

Tags
balls, because racecar, boost, cat, chop chop ad, dak, dok, dok dok boom!, dokless, heard a slight tapping...... meh she'll be right, let it die, limiter launchs rule!!, lot, needs more cable ties, rattle can presentable, rip funny tags, snap dakle pop, sorta running well, stock