Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
So many negative comments in this thread

But everyone was wanking over this other conversion thread

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-...i-project.html

Well if you read the first 2 pages you will realise he had some sort of clue as to what was going in his car for starters.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

I did read the first two pages, doesn't change the fact I am trying to point out.

The point is cat is getting negative comments while josh got postive comments in doing the same conversion.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Sir AntiLag

N1GHTH4WK92 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
LOL at "instead of STI shit"
Sorry if that made it look like I was saying STi is low quality gear, I just swear a lot in general context. Should have replaced 'shit' with 'stuff' or 'gear'.

The STI gear will handle brilliant compared to what she already has, but considering the cost being spend, the extra grand or so is probably worth chucking on
Old 15-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
The point is cat is getting negative comments while josh got postive comments in doing the same conversion.
I suspect the difference here is "doing the work myself and posting pics" versus "throwing money at a workshop and hoping it turns out ok".

There is a big difference in the two, most people here seem concerned specifically about "cost" and "learning stuff".

I have an interesting position where I have been down this road and think that her conversion is both a completely stupid waste of time and also fantastic. Anyway, everyone just needs to chill, its far too late too turn back now. Await the fruits of her salary's labour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1GHTH4WK92 View Post
The STI gear will handle brilliant compared to what she already has, but considering the cost being spend, the extra grand or so is probably worth chucking on
Older GC/GF gear isn't the big jump in performance going from WRX to STI it is compared to GD/GG, so its not a massive upgrade for a normal GC8. But Cat's car will be getting things it never had before, like a rear swaybar and a turbo. I agree that some whiteline sway bars (or I have some cheap GD Spec C ones....) would be better, but she will be in a completely different little red car when she picks it up. Also her bank account will probably be in the red too. Always time for more mods
Master D and N1GHTH4WK92 like this.
Old 15-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

What an epic read.

You must have some thick skin.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm glad you thinks it was a worthwhile procedure.
Cat likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

X12 SRT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDrifter View Post
What an epic read.

You must have some thick skin.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm glad you thinks it was a worthwhile procedure.

I agree, common sense dosn't always prevail when it comes to the love of cars! we could all tell a story or two.
Enjoy the ride Cat
Cat likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

I couldn't be bothered waiting extra couple months to save for sti, nek minut paid to rebuild my Wrx 8 days later....

We live and we learn.
mitchwnz likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

I did the same... got an 08 WRX, started pouring money into it... realised I would be better off just buying an STI, sold the WRX for a loss and started again.. Le sigh.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:53 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Lets hear you say that in a year...

So are you getting a 3" TBE?
ok on the 15th of febuary 2014 I'll tell you
and I forgot that is the one thing I'll have to upgrade because it's just a catback exhaust going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strubaru View Post
hindsight is the greatest thing, i could have bought an R34 GTR if i added up all the money i spent & initial purchase price of my forester

shit just pans out that way sometimes, at the end of the day its all a fun learning experience, and if you think you could have bought a late model stock sti & not got bitten with the mod bug just as easy you'd be kidding yourself
yeah I can't think of what could have been I have to live in the moment
and I guarantee any car I got I would eventually want to mod it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I cant help but think you have no idea what is ging in your car Cat? When asked all you say is it is getting STi goodies. If i where you i would knuckle down and do some research about what you should expect adn then contact whoever is doing the conversion. Better to get things changed then and save money.
This is what I know is going in
Dccd gearbox
r180 diff
4 pot brakes
Sti pink springs
Sti swaybars
Sti strut brace
stock 17" rims +tyres
catback exhaust
Stock Sti engine with 90,000 kms

I have called and checked recently everything that will be going in and I'm pretty fucking happy with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Cat can you please tell us how much this conversion is. A few might be considering it.
told with the forrie halfcut it would be 6k all up including labour, sti halfcut will be about the same price.
I did call up yesterday asking what the exact price will be but was told we'll sort that out on the day I pick it up so I've got the 6k plus another 5k in the bank just incase.
fats also told me they only charge for how many hours work is done on the car not how many days they have it in the shop.

Quote:
I did read the first two pages, doesn't change the fact I am trying to point out.

The difference is I was not sure what I was doing at the start, when I first joined up I thought I could buy a $500 turbo and just pop it in so I guess a lot of people were worried about me wasting money on my rx and once the word conversion arised everyone was just like Fuck this isn't going to end well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
I suspect the difference here is "doing the work myself and posting pics" versus "throwing money at a workshop and hoping it turns out ok".

There is a big difference in the two, most people here seem concerned specifically about "cost" and "learning stuff".

I have an interesting position where I have been down this road and think that her conversion is both a completely stupid waste of time and also fantastic. Anyway, everyone just needs to chill, its far too late too turn back now. Await the fruits of her salary's labour.

Older GC/GF gear isn't the big jump in performance going from WRX to STI it is compared to GD/GG, so its not a massive upgrade for a normal GC8 . But Cat's car will be getting things it never had before, like a rear swaybar and a turbo. I agree that some whiteline sway bars (or I have some cheap GD Spec C ones....) would be better, but she will be in a completely different little red car when she picks it up. Also her bank account will probably be in the red too. Always time for more mods
yep upgrading from a shitty underpowerd,understeering,50 shades of red Rx to a reasonably powered, still understeering,still 50 shades of red and some black Rx with sti gear is going to be a lot better for me.

The last 3 months have been up and down, one week I'm like yeah this conversion is going to be awesome and others I'm thinking what the Fuck am I doing but the last 2 weeks I have been uber excited about getting this car back and tracking it.I'll be happy with it for now and I will eventually have to upgrade to whiteline gear but at the moment i'm on a tight schedule to get this ready by april
Old 15-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

It's funny.. I've given you so much shit about this yet you've stuck to your guns.. I must say Cat, you're a strong and rather stubborn girl, but well done for not caving into the pressure of everybody on Perth-WRX saying that you're doing it wrong. This is your car, and I hope you enjoy it.. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the huge smile on your face when you launch this car at Racewars!
safe likes this.

Last edited by mitchwnz; 15-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Tags
balls, because racecar, boost, cat, chop chop ad, dak, dok, dok dok boom!, dokless, heard a slight tapping...... meh she'll be right, let it die, limiter launchs rule!!, lot, needs more cable ties, rattle can presentable, rip funny tags, snap dakle pop, sorta running well, stock