Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Sucks mate! But good win on the tyres!

http://kap.industries/
Old 23-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Forgot to ask in my other post. Where is a good starting point for sorting out what tyre pressure i need on the track. The tyres i had before where pretty flimsy so i was pumping them upto 38psi cold, but am uder the impression this may he abit high for these tyres. Thinking of starting at 30psi cold getting them hot then going from their?
Old 23-01-2015, 07:34 AM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

30 at home b4 you leave. Reset to 30 when you get to track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31-01-2015, 03:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Captain Awesome at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
So abit of bad news and some good.

Hit a roo on toodyay rd on sunday night. Dented the bonnet, cracked the gril and both ky rims on left hand side are scratched up. Took it down for a quote for repairs and have decided to get a few other bits and pieces fixed up. So basically the car should he like new when it comes back.

The good news. Tyres where looking abit shite, was hoping to get another rac day out of them to test the car with only the new sway bars but oh well. Instead piled up a 60km old set of Toyo Proxies R888 for 800buks. So pretty chuffed on that. The place where im getting the rims repaired are going to put these back on instead of ky shitty current tyres so i guess thats a win aswell.
Man that sucks, I agree... these things seem to be roo magnets.
So... sell me your toyos? :P

Previous:
2012 Evo X - White
Parts: HKS | SSP | GARRETT | TURBOSMART | ARC | COLTSPEED | BLITZ | CAMTECH | VARIS | VOLK | CUSCO | TIEN | FORGE | FULL RACE
Old 24-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Forgot about the footage i had from the tuning session afew weeks ago. Mind me stopping at the start, forgot about the anti hi-jack feature haha

JRecardo likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Senna95 at standard level

back in another 07 hey! :P, no one ever gets over the WRX's
Old 01-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Didnt see the post dude. But yeh the temptation was too great.

Ok so i have since half install a wide-band sensor and LED gauge. I have just received a steering column surround which i will be building the LED display into so hopefully in the next couple of weeks i can provide some pics of the custom install.

i also found a used 2006 ej255 short block. Story is has 60k on it and was removed from a wrx wagon as the owner install a forged option. Has abit of shit in the water galleries which will require abit of elbow grease to remove. Plan is to build it myself in the shed slowly for a target of about 350whp or their abouts.

Finally got around the completely stripping it apart which was a great experience. Bores are in perfect condition, and none of the pistons have any broken rings or damage. So far so good.

Now this where things get interesting. With the block stripped i noticed this scoring which was obviously somehow done by the crank. When i look at the crank closely i cant see any damage. And when i drop the crank in the block half it has nice amounts of clearance from the block where the scores are located. I havnt had a chance to do any measuring but could anyone shed some light on possible issues? As far as im aware the bearings look to be in good condition etc.

Factory burr, thanks subi.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Didnt see the post dude. But yeh the temptation was too great.

Ok so i have since half install a wide-band sensor and LED gauge. I have just received a steering column surround which i will be building the LED display into so hopefully in the next couple of weeks i can provide some pics of the custom install.

i also found a used 2006 ej255 short block. Story is has 60k on it and was removed from a wrx wagon as the owner install a forged option. Has abit of shit in the water galleries which will require abit of elbow grease to remove. Plan is to build it myself in the shed slowly for a target of about 350whp or their abouts.

Finally got around the completely stripping it apart which was a great experience. Bores are in perfect condition, and none of the pistons have any broken rings or damage. So far so good.

Now this where things get interesting. With the block stripped i noticed this scoring which was obviously somehow done by the crank. When i look at the crank closely i cant see any damage. And when i drop the crank in the block half it has nice amounts of clearance from the block where the scores are located. I havnt had a chance to do any measuring but could anyone shed some light on possible issues? As far as im aware the bearings look to be in good condition etc.

Factory burr, thanks subi.
RJ999 likes this.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

So did a bit more research regarding what i though was crank walk issue. None of the bearings including the thrust bearing show signs of damage and the crank has no visible marks on it to suggest it has scored the block, so i dont think it is damage. I looked at a few pics of split ej25's and they also have the same markings which suggests it is a factory finish as shown below. Afew of you probably already knew this, but being my first engine build i am going to be extremely thorough.

next on the list is bearing clearances. I have a number in mind after doing some research, but will be chasing this up with real life people.
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

You started getting parts yet or waiting for the usd to drop a little?

Tags
07, sti