Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

I can't see the pic due to work popup blockers Tony but are you sure you have the right cold/hot tyre pressures sorted before and between runs. If you are out by a couple of psi it could make the difference when you are getting back on the power. Did you speak to John about those R888's and how to run them.

Also if you are getting on the power and your front wheels are still turned it will understeer dude it is very hard to avoid. My betty is notorious for it, no matter what tweaks I have made the understeer is still there if you get on the gas too soon and the car is not completely pointed at the corner exit.

I have a 22mm whiteline sway bar at the rear on stiffest setting and the car is not tail happy at all...

Edit - what Burke said. I need to do the same to learn more and progress from where I am.

Last edited by nick73; 25-08-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 25-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Mmmm maybe your right. Just feels like the car is underpreforming when i limit the throttle to stop the exit understeer. End of the day it is prob 100% driver error but cant hurt to ask. Im doing a barbs day in afew weeks with Alex instructing so maybe he can take the car for a drive and show me whats up. But good point brought up by Burke, i have never had an instructor in the car with me.

Last edited by Tony; 25-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 25-08-2015, 10:39 AM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Hoping someone here with abit more experience can help me out. After getting a nice wheel alignment done the car is turning in and holding corners much better. However i still have an issue exiting corners. Basically the car will understeer as i get on the gas to exit the corner, i thought this was down to my shit technique giving it to many herbs while im exiting. I have adjusted the amount of throttle i have been giving it out of corners to limit the understeer however it just feels as if the car is being held back by it. At the end of the day i thought it was normal and if hust have to get used to it until i saw this picture.

To me it looks like too much weight is being transfered to the outside front wheel along with the front end lifting during accel, meaning im loosing all that grip from the inside wheel. Is this just a simple case of going up a spring rate to limit the weight transfer or do i need to look elsewhere?

Running 22mm front and rear sways with tein coilover (unkown spring rate for now, but known to be on the softer side)

Do you know what Diff is in the front of your 6 speed . I had run an lsd in the front of my ra 5 speed but had the same issue on tight corners . I removed it and went back to an open center which eliminated alot of the understeer traction didn't change . I do run a cusco 1.5 way in the rear as well and upgraded center diff.
Old 25-08-2015, 10:57 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

have you played around with dccd settings?
amtrapid likes this.
Old 25-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Unsure of what exact diffs i have. Played around with dccd and found that setting it 2 down from locked reduced the exit understeer the most. Set to full rear bias i found it the be more pronounced.
amtrapid likes this.
Old 25-08-2015, 12:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Matty05 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Have you ever had anyone else in the car with at events? Instructor etc?
come out to barbs next friday night with the wrx club experienced instructors out there might be able to send you in the right direction or pm me with any questions you might have
Master D and amtrapid like this.
Old 27-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

^ yep have already spoken to alex about taking me out for afew laps to learn me some stuff.

Also just got an email back from Tein and according to the numbers on my coils im running 4kg front and 5kg rear sprint rates.
Old 27-08-2015, 02:55 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
^ yep have already spoken to alex about taking me out for afew laps to learn me some stuff.

Also just got an email back from Tein and according to the numbers on my coils im running 4kg front and 5kg rear sprint rates.
Seems a bit soft. I'm running 7kg front and 5kg rear and that's a "street" setup.
Old 27-08-2015, 05:02 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

4kg front way too soft mate. Will definitely make big shifts in weight under braking and turning
Old 27-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Derp got it around the wrong way 4kg rear and 5kg front. Im waiting on a reply with prices for upgraded springs and will prob jeed a revalve.
amtrapid likes this.

Tags
07, sti