Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff
Default The evolution of ARRWOOO

So, I've had my 2006 WRX just over a year now so I thought I would do one of these driveway threads.

When I first bought it I had no intentions of modifying it. That changed after I joined the forums. After seeing so many nice looking cars I wanted to change it a little. But there was a problem. I had a warranty that would be likely voided if power modifications were made. No problem I thought, cosmetic ones will be fine for a start, and they were, right up until I went on my first cruise. Not being to keep up with all you bastards with your power modified cars made me think. Is my warranty worth it? Am I going to be happy to drive the car to Osborne Park for every service just to keep my warranty. Short answer is No. Long answer is Nnnnnnnnoooooooo!!!!!!!!.

So, there you go. Car will be modified further in the future. Private plates were the first thing that was changed. Current mods are a Cobb Tuning cat back exhaust, which will be change to a turbo back sometime in the future. Defi gauges have been purchased and have arrived and will be installed as soon as the pod arrives. Double Din DVD player has also been purchased and will be installed when I have the time. Kakumei roof spoiler will installed on Wednesday. I have already changed the stock rims to Rota Gravels in hyper black along with new Yokohama S Drive tyres. New gear knob courtesy of Cobb Tuning along with fog light covers and front lip are already on the car.

Since I've owned it nothing has been needed to be fixed or replaced and it has been a joy to drive. That feeling changing down a gear when you overtake is fantastic. Its due for its 6 month service tomorrow and is booked in at Stechnic, so hopefully that will continue to be the case. Anyway time for some photos.

As it was.

As it is.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 24-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 24-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Im pretty sure i test drove this car last year when i was looking for a wrx. I reckon you should black out the headlights. I found that the stock tune has a fair bit of hesitation at low boost. I felt it with this car when i drove it, best thing i ever did was get mine tuned. Also been meaning to ask, whats the deal with the husky/wolf obsession?

Last edited by Tony; 24-09-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 24-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Im pretty sure i test drove this car last year when i was looking for a wrx. I reckon you should black out the headlights. I found that the stock tune has a fair bit of hesitation at low boost. I felt it with this car when i drove it, best thing i ever did was get mine tuned. Also been meaning to ask, whats the deal with the husky/wolf obsession?
It was at Osborne Park Subaru in Aug/Sept last year if that helps.

Yes, the turbo does lag a little at low boost. Full exhaust and tune are on the agenda, its just a matter of money at the moment.

The wolf obsession is something I've had since I was about 10. Always liked them, so much I spent 3 days and 7 different plane trips to see them (wolves, not huskies) in the wilds of Minnesota a few years ago. In fact I am doing the same trip next year.
Master D, TROLLEY and silver_opal like this.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 24-09-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 24-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Yeh it had like 55xxxkm's on it? Not talking about lag. Like the car hesitates at low boost when you put your foot down. When you get the tune done and see the stock tune on the dyno plot you will see what in talking about if you cant feel it when your driving.
Old 24-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Yeh it had like 55xxxkm's on it? Not talking about lag. Like the car hesitates at low boost when you put your foot down. When you get the tune done and see the stock tune on the dyno plot you will see what in talking about if you cant feel it when your driving.
That's the one. The dealer said it was a highly sort after car and many other people were interested in it, in other words the rego was running out in a month and they didn't want to pay for it.

Its my first turbo so I'm new to the whole boost thing. I do however look forward to driving it once its tuned.
Old 24-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Yeh they didnt want to budge on the price and i ended up getting an 07 with 42xxxkms for cheaper haha. Do you mind if i ask what you ended up paying for it. They didnt want to go under 25k when i drove it.
Old 24-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Yeh they didnt want to budge on the price and i ended up getting an 07 with 42xxxkms for cheaper haha. Do you mind if i ask what you ended up paying for it. They didnt want to go under 25k when i drove it.
$22225 if I remember correctly. Plus the trade in on the Echo so it ended up at around $19000

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 24-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 25-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Car serviced today and all is still good. Had a second hand Cobb SF air intake fitted at the same time, although I found out it was actually never fitted on the previous car so is actually brand new. The car now has that cool, or annoying intake noise depending on who you ask.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 25-09-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 25-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

New roof spoiler on. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Zee77 likes this.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 25-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 25-09-2013, 08:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DamoESP at standard level

When I use to live in Maylands (Caledonian ave) I drove past your car every day on my way to work use to see it parked in the street most days?

I moved out of Maylands about 6 months ago though, so haven't seen it since :P
thehowlfactor likes this.

Last edited by DamoESP; 25-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Tags
arrwooo, evolution