Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   RJ's STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/56227-rjs-sti.html)

AIG 19-12-2013 05:44 PM

You'll get used to it and learn the slow in fast out approach. Subaru's like to understeer so you need to adapt. Next event there is late Jan and flyer will be out soonish. Be nice to the RAC man and knock the revs back if needed. Or just buy an oval muffler (which you'll probably just do anyway when you get old)

RJ999 19-12-2013 05:52 PM

Yep for sure, will do... I did play nice after anyway and went smooth on the skidpan part, didn't rev up much, no noise :)

[QUOTE=AIG;782066]Or just buy an oval muffler (which you'll probably just do anyway when you get old) EDIT: Never!!!! :D [/QUOTE]

DukeDrifter 19-12-2013 05:53 PM

Also helps if you try and late apex a few of the rac tracks corner less understeer earlier on the power.

RJ999 19-12-2013 05:59 PM

Duke...
It was just that one big u turn type corner thats at the entrance of the track, I just couldn't get myself to reduce speed early enough(was going way past braking point), and get grip, then accel after apex

Was trying to hang it out but wasn't smart move and ended up losing traction on all 4 wheels as it was hot and the pirellis were melting(and screaming like 4 grumpy farts)...learning curve!

Next time I know what to do, just find grip then floor it out, and if I want to do the RussGt, drop to 2nd halfway through and floor it out, instead of 4 wheel understeering LOL

Tony 19-12-2013 09:03 PM

Hang it wide and let it slide.

Jezza 21-12-2013 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;781796]Russ
It makes me happy as I researched the loudest cannon exhaust before buying and this just confirms it :D I just wanted the best angry sounding loud exhaust...the good thing is it sounds nice loud, race car like! happy!

hardly ever use the radio these days, the exhaust note is music to my ears ;)

EDIT: btw it's not that crazy loud daily driving unless I flat foot it[/QUOTE]

All show and no go? ;)

RJ999 22-12-2013 05:27 AM

you can try keep up one day and you'll see...

if you were smart you would see my sig and not post this ;)

[QUOTE=Jezza;782294]All show and no go? ;)[/QUOTE]

Jezza 22-12-2013 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=RJ999;782334]you can try keep up one day and you'll see...

if you were smart you would see my sig and not post this ;)[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha

Not actually sure what you are referring to here?

The guy at RAC was clearly pointing out that your reasonably standard & 'slow' car made more noise than a dedicated race car that smashes low times around a track.

Yes you may be louder than me but I would put money on you not being faster ;)

Better to be underestimated and blow others away than have a loud car (or mouth :p) and get blown away.

DukeDrifter 22-12-2013 09:42 AM

Race first talk later Rj, there are some very quick cars and drivers that can pedal on here.

mitchwnz 22-12-2013 10:14 AM

Lol agree. Please continue to tell us how fast your car goes around barbs or Collie Rj.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app