View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shodown at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_opal View Post
Good call. Just know though, its about $500 to get keypad replaced. It does fix the issue. Auto watch very good option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
City's should have offered to find the issue not just quote a part that "might" fix it, I'd just get it removed or get Mao to have a look
To be honest, it was just a quick call to suss out what it was going to cost roughly. I think it must have been for the module and included labour, but I think I'd just rather replace with a system I wont have to worry about. Could you imagine spending the dollars for it to happen a few years down the track.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryno View Post
The fuel pump relay immobilisation circuit can be bypassed, which sounds like it'd fix the issue. If you're any good at soldering you could also try resoldering any broken/dry joints on the brant control module pcb.
Yeah, sounds like either this or the actual fuel pump. Though given Brant's history, I'll start with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falky View Post
I really don't wanna hear all this.
I have a brandt in my 2004 and still works ok..good luck with fixing your problem.
I didn't have any problems until now, and I think its the heat that is affecting it. I am sure there are plenty of people that have not experienced any issues and get pissed off at everyone bagging out Brant. 2004, thats not a bad run considering.

At the end of the day, everything wears out. I'd rather just use the $$ wisely.