View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
Pleased to see you are entering and suggest you just take the car to STechnic a week or so before the event and get him to give a good once over and prep. I am presuming you are going to tow the car up there right ? If its running well then no need to do anything in terms of tuning.
I am going to prep the car before the event for sure.. will also be getting a retune for more power and a few other things.

Gearbox is the issue might need to borrow a longer ratio box for the event..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
i cant remember now, but did you fix the intercooler pipe popping off?
i put it back together but have not remedied it.. Going to look at that. i.e weld up the pipes and put a joiner lower on a straight and have actual bolts linked to each pipe to stop blowing off.. bit of work to do still..

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Fezza not making an appearance to RW either?
Take it in stock trim and compare?
no not at this stage.. the ferrari 360 CS has a recorded time 0-1000m of 22sec and 240kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Do you still have the big scoop on the bonnet? I would get rid of that completely and go for no scoop at all - I reckon it would cost a bit of speed.
scoop will go and will also fit the prova front bar for a bit more downforce.. will also tape up the front end for better drag..

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
I think your biggest limiting factor will be a combination of drag and high gearing. I'd love to see you run big numbers, but I dont think you'll go much beyond 250ish.

I'd go scoopless or reverse scoop if possible. Also try and get your run at the hottest part of the day so the air is thinnest to reduce your drag.

The gearbox is the limiting factor... The car has done 220kph to 400m with 575whp completely different setup to the 614whp setup. Was in the top (bouncing off redline) of 4th gear when crossing the line. So with another 1.5 gears i think i should be able to pull around 40-50kph more??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
What gearbox/diff/final ratio etc are you running in this now?
The gearbox is an 05 sti DCCD box with 3.9 ratio i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Gear Ratio Speed Calculator

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wearne/...ns%20Specs.pdf

Gear ratio speed calculator .. not sure how accurate!

Using that calculator,

0.756 6th Gear
3.9 final drive.
18" rims.
8500RPM

247km/h .. reckon you would get there pretty fast with 600 odd horses though

That is on US gearbox? AU has a shorter 6th? So could be even slower.

This may also help to know how much HP you need to achieve a given speed:

Horsepower & Aero Drag Calculator
Thanks rich.. Hmm i think that it might be slightly inaccurate as i said before redline 4th gear 220kph to 400m...

i might have to go to RAC and do some testing..