View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Holy thread revival.........

So basically I woke up on Sunday, 20/7/14..........I mean I really 'woke up'!

I was 40, severely overweight at 155kg with high blood pressure. I was very unhappy and obviously looking like the side of a house. Not to mention I had a niggling knee issue that refused to go away.

I decided then & there to drop the shit diet, coke, fried food and all of the excuses....... I researched some diet methods and chose High protein, low fat, low carb as the thing for me.

My diet is really simple:
Breakfast: Rapid loss Shake with 200ml skim milk (yum) or if I'm in a hurry a Crankt ready to drink shake.

Lunch: Shredded chicken & salad Pita with 1 x sliced boiled egg and gerkin to add some flavour or chicken & salad bowl (lunch bar makes it)

Dinner: steamed veggies or 4 egg omelet with onion & capsicum or Sashimi Tuna & Salmon with wasabi & soy

Snacks: 1 - 2 Quest protein bars (1g carbs)

Drinks: water, water, water & the occasional Lipton Mojito iced tea with lunch

I thought I'd feel hungry a lot but honestly - I NEVER feel hungry now!

I've found the diet almost too easy to stick to - I thought it would be a real challenge but it hasn't been. The diet could probably be better but at this point I'm consuming less than 7500kj per day total. (I take a multi-vit and a green tea extract as well)

I couldn't exercise for the first week of the diet change due to that knee issue I had, but now I walk 4km 3 times per week before heading to the Gym (Anytime Innaloo) where I do more cardio and weights. I'm a night owl so I generally work out between 9 & 11 pm.

Anyway the point of this is to get other's motivated to get moving!

Where I'm at (just) 21 days into my 12 month plan (85-90kg goal)......

Dropped from 155kg to 148.1kg - a 6.9kg loss but that's only part of the story:

BMI dropped by 2 points
Fat mass drop from 79.3kg to 69.9kg
Fat free mass gain of 3kg

I'm losing 2.3kg per week - not too shabby for an old bugger!

My mood in general has improved, I have more energy, my blood pressure has already started to drop and I just feel better in general!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]