Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

jessw at standard level
Default the car looks hot now....

soooo......

driving along angove street, north perth minding my own business in the jessw soccer mum mobile i seem to have acquired a new addition to my car and might i say it suits it superbly!!! Its rectangle, yellow and sits smack bang on the windscreen....ding ding ding thats right a mother f@#king yellow sticker!!!!!

Driving past cops at BP further along i notice them pull in a and sit a couple of cars behind. Woof@#kinghoo here we go. Sure enough go throught the lights and sirens, lights flashing blah blah. I pull over and i get "we pulled you over so we could look at your exhaust it looks huge and sounded loud" (well duh )

They do their checks one gets on the phone and then says "legally it can only be the size of a coke can" Cue confusion: I may be new to all this but i see cars with the same if not bigger tips allday everyday not tp mention the fact ive had cops behind me a lot that have never pulled me over - "well they mustve been busy " was the reply. What all of them everytime????

So did they get a case of small dick syndrome and see a young lady in an STi and pull her over so they could be all authoritive and "big men"? Just to clarify have they fucked up and is it coke can in length rather than diameter???

Theyve told me to go to subaru and demand they change it as they never shouldve sold us a car in that condition! Oh and the exhaust was done by maximum (thats what tony said or is it maxim?)

They made me so frigging late too but at least they put the sticker on straight if Jackson puts his visor down i cant even see it so there it shall stay!

That is all
Old 04-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Banned

jessw at standard level

recap of the cars exhaust
Attached Thumbnails
sti 001.jpg  
Old 04-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

is your exhaust sticking out past the rear bumper? ive got a similar exhaust and have never had any trouble with police, even if they have been right behind me.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessw View Post
They do their checks one gets on the phone and then says "legally it can only be the size of a coke can"
What a load of rubbish. Since when has a coke can been a legal measure?

I've read the ADR's regarding exhaust modification recently and there was no mention of tip diameter or even pipe diameter. Only noise, emission, ground clearance and security requirements. They should get their facts straight.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:31 PM
STI Master

Terry.Wrist at standard level

Sure it wasn't the height of the exhaust off the ground (guessing a coke can is ~100mm)? Never heard of the size of the exhaust being a stickerable offence.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

jessw at standard level

so what do i do now???? All i could get out of them was it "looks big" pfffft whatever mine isnt actually that big he commented on the muffler part too i can take another pic tomorrow to get better view of underneath the kicker was "my partner is the man in regards to exhausts" yet he had to call up to get advice it does sound like a whole lot of bullshit but i was so late to pick up my son i wasnt in the mood for it!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

jessw at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry.Wrist View Post
Sure it wasn't the height of the exhaust off the ground (guessing a coke can is ~100mm)? Never heard of the size of the exhaust being a stickerable offence.
Nope definately said diameter ours isnt that low to the ground either. He put 2 hands together to form the "coke ring" and put it up to the exhaust. So has anyone ever heard of a coke can in length im sure ive heard that before....?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessw View Post
so what do i do now????
Take 1/2 day off work and sit in line at the pits watching the epitomy of government slackers walking around so slow you need time lapse photography to see movement.

It's probably a waste of time trying to take any further course of action, just roll it over the pits and hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Absolute bullshit.............Diameter means fk all, it's the noise that you'll fail for.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

i think 80db is the sound limit for exhausts on cars between 150-320kw. i could be wrong though

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/legislativeinstrumentcompilation1.nsf/0/B567416A3A6C4A65CA25768C00171556/$file/ADR8300Vol1.pdf

Tags
car, hot