Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Stalker at standard level
Angry Poor experience with Appliances Online and Allied Express

Just in case any of you also like the convenience of shopping for consumer goods online, I have summarised my recent experience with Appliances Online and their contracted courier company (Allied Express) over the past month on Whirlpool and thought I'd share it here.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...85&p=-1#bottom

I'm sure plenty of people have had good experiences with them, but I'm not one of them.

My advice would be to make sure you are a patient and tolerant person before dealing with these guys.

/rant
Old 13-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Fark! dude that sucks!
Old 13-07-2010, 10:30 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

unfortunately Allied Express isn't the only courier company to hire lazy morons. My mum had the same thing happen with TNT. She was waiting at home but they simply left a note in the letterbox and never bothered checking if anyone was home.
Old 14-07-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorotsuki69 View Post
unfortunately Allied Express isn't the only courier company to hire lazy morons. My mum had the same thing happen with TNT. She was waiting at home but they simply left a note in the letterbox and never bothered checking if anyone was home.
Yeah, that was the bit that tipped me over the edge. I don't understand why they would do it? Surely it takes the same amount of time to knock on the door and grab a signature as it does to fill out the form? The only think I can think of is that they don't like dealing with people - especially when they are already irate at waiting around the house for days on end.

The Postie has also done this to us before when we ordered photo's from Harvey Norman. Didn't want to leave them in the mail box, but didn't want to check if we were home, so left the sorry we missed you card and then we had to go collect the damn thing. What is the point of ordering the thing online?

Anyway, we have the gear now so I'll try and stop whinging.
Old 14-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

That sucks.

Mate Can i Ask why would you buy a fridge online ? I would imagine the price wouldn't be that good compared to walking in to Harvey Norman or good guys and playing the cash deal game. Plus being able to look and see the goods in person. ?
Old 14-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Similar thing happen to me when i ordered some uhf radios. I heard the postie so i stepped outside and watched him throw the "sorry i missed you" card in my box...waited for him to turn around and do the other side of the street when i stopped him and gave him a spray.

Turns out these guys dont carry packages as they are too heavy (if he wanted to carry 10 or so packages on his postie bike). I told him this is bullshit, i pay for this and dont have the time to pick it up etc.

I rang the post office complain line and since then they always knock on the door first

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 14-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete gopal View Post
Similar thing happen to me when i ordered some uhf radios. I heard the postie so i stepped outside and watched him throw the "sorry i missed you" card in my box...waited for him to turn around and do the other side of the street when i stopped him and gave him a spray.

Turns out these guys dont carry packages as they are too heavy (if he wanted to carry 10 or so packages on his postie bike). I told him this is bullshit, i pay for this and dont have the time to pick it up etc.

I rang the post office complain line and since then they always knock on the door first
Hey mate i have had same problem, Though because I have CCTV I knew and had evidence he wasn't knocking on the door. Plus the fact my wife works from home. So next time i saw him I gave him a warning to start knocking or ill dob him in.
haven't had a problem since.
Old 14-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Should write a stern letter of complaint

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-07-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
That sucks.

Mate Can i Ask why would you buy a fridge online ? I would imagine the price wouldn't be that good compared to walking in to Harvey Norman or good guys and playing the cash deal game. Plus being able to look and see the goods in person. ?
No idea, but obviously some people do it.

I bought a Nespresso machine and a Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner, because even with the courier charge the price was below what the Myer / DJ sales were offering and what I was quoted at HN for cash.

Only saved $40-$50 bucks all up though, and it certainly wasn't worth the wait or aggravation.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Should write a stern letter of complaint
Nah, unlikely to acheive anything and I've already invested enough time in this. My online rant has relived me of the tension anyway.

Tags
allied, appliances, experience, express, online, poor