Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

dirty2 at standard level

yeah thats the only half upside, working on my car for the next 11 months, bad side of that is im gonna spend lots that i should probably save haha...
Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

tiddy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikid_sticks View Post
6 months of driving like a granny, we have faith in you!!! best advice would be to buy a slow bunky 4x4 or weld a bolt under your accelerator pedal so it can only go to a certain point :P

i screwed mine up, did the 6 months, then 3 months later lost it a year. the only good part about loosing my licence is ive sooo much work on my car at my own pace
I have 12 months of driving like a granny Will just drive the wrx, cant be bothered paying 2 lots of rego and insurance.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddy View Post
Its great hey, lost my last point in april and started double or nothing a fortnight ago. Such a slow system. Quick to send the camera fines tho
tiddy buddy, im not surprised, you got a heavy foot mate lol. learn 2 granny drive, like me!

you will have more money in your pocket
Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Things must have changed, years ago they use to send someone out to collect your licence from you 'guessing with the ease of real time synchronisation now days there's really no point'.

Be glad they didn't come and pick it up from you at your workplace, I still remember the look on my bosses face when I worked for John Hughes as he watched me hand mine over.

TBH how many times do you think they have heard your story, can you blame them for no sympathy?

Doubt you'll have any chance for recourse, but good luck to you anyway (did you get any reference numbers for phone calls made to any of the places you mentioned?)
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 PM

dirty2 at standard level

yeah im sure they have heard it a bunch of times but i just find it shit that people can get done for dd and only get 3 months, this p plater chick was drink driving broke into the new road off alexander that joins hepburn and beechboro road and had an accident and only got 3 months
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I'm being serious, but when you received your last fine/demerits didn't you know your licence was gone?

Why not call up the cop shop at that moment and see what the rules and regs are?

In the eyes of the law, you have wasted many opportunities to abide by the rules (demerits are there so you get a chance, not to be used up), you are also on a probationary license as you are still learning to drive and then once losing all your points you then break the law again by driving unlicensed. This puts insurances and things in very odd positions if you had a crash causing injury. That's why you get such a harsh penalty.

You can try appealing, but it won't get you anywhere. Just learn from the mistake and buy a lot of multiriders.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

silver_opal at standard level

https://online.transport.wa.gov.au/webExternal/driver/

Your able to check your driver's license status online before you drive at this link.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Thats mint. ^^

Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 PM

dirty2 at standard level

yeah i was using that site, and it doesnt give you a date when you lose it from it just says wether its valid or not...

and to Kato, after you pay your last fine you get sent a letter to go to DPI and get an excessive demerit points notice and then i got sent one in the mail and 28 days after recieving that you lose your licence, i didnt take note of the date of when i recieved it so i took all possible roots to find out when i did get it or when i lose my licence from, by calling up DPI etc as i stated... and i didnt mind taking the 3 months disqualification, because i did fuck up by losing all my points, but its the extra 9 months i got for driving without a licence when i didnt know that it had been cancelled from the day before, because i didnt not recieve any notification as to when i was meant to lose it from, that being said it is my fault for not taking note of the dates but also DPI's cops and post offices for not being able to give me any dates that i needed i.e. when i got the letter or when my licence was disqualified from
Old 12-10-2010, 12:02 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

I am trying to reconcile these 2 parts of your post:

This one seems to refer to some time ago in the past that you were disqualified:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty2 View Post
So i lost my license for demerit points, got sent out an excessive demerit points letter in registered post, didnt take note of the date i got it,
Yet this one you say you got stopped less than a day after disqualification started:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty2 View Post
literally 20 hours after my license was disqualified from i got pulled over and found out i had lost it....

I'm not up to speed these days with reg post service... I take it that the susp letter gives you a certain amount of time to hand your licence in, and commence disqualification period?

Whatever is the case, if you drove within the period of suspension, then there is next to no defence. The best you can hope for is to apply for an extraordinary licence after having served the minumum period of suspension. In your case I think it is a minimum of a month but you would need to check.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)

Tags
comment, diqualification, license, read