Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   ridiculous p plater laws (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/38254-ridiculous-p-plater-laws.html)

Shodown 05-11-2010 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=_daz_;508860]
Everybody complains about Perth's slow road speed limits, and when it comes to the argument of Australian road speed limits[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like how they have changed the speed limit on byford area of Thomas Rd to 70. Seriously, like WTF. The majority of Armadale road is 80 even with with housing around. There is just no consistancy.

I reckon there are too many different speed zones. Reckon they should just have

40 schools
50 Backstreets / suburban
80 Aterial Roads
110 Highways / Freeways

Although.....that would reduce speeding revenue....

_daz_ 05-11-2010 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=crankin91;508889][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]it should include things like emergency breaking (like a bike test does) this would probably cut down a lot of rear enders. On the same note people need to be taught about wet weather driving and how you can't just treat it as if it’s a normal sunny day. They also need to learn about stopping distances so we can stop the trend of tailgating that’s running rampant through the city at the moment. Also; MERGING and some advanced driving lessons wouldn’t go astray. :3gears:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This is what the log book is supposed to be all about. The theory behind the log book is sound, however, it is far too easy for it to be falsified. Mandatory attendance to driving courses at the AHG DTC would be of far more benefit.

Any car is capable of reaching potentially dangerous speeds, if anything performance cars can do it safer as it's what they're designed to do. BUT...if the person behind the wheel is incapable of understanding the potential risks of what they're doing, or are about to do, to me this is wherein the real danger lies. In all honesty the majority of cars i see ducking and weaving through traffic are cars like the Hyundai Excels & Getz's...now surely those cars are far more dangerous driven in such a fashion than a well balanced performance car...BUT a good driver behind the wheel of a shit car is still far safer than a shit driver behind the wheel of a performance car. So P-platers, i'm afraid, as has been illustrated, just because you've passed you're driving test doesn't mean you know how to drive, there will always be exceptions such as the youngsters who've had CAMS licences since they were 12 etc etc...but on a whole these laws may help, but sadly the Dept of Transport is still on the wrong track.

Discobay 05-11-2010 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=fsk;508477]For me its more than weekly especially at roundabouts..[/QUOTE]
This morning I followed a Commodore driver who signalled right as he approached a roundabout. Normally, if I am in a rush I would have taken him on the inside as it's a two lane approach and through to the other side. Fortunately I didn't as his intention was to go straight through. God knows where he learned to drive. Hmm time for a poll.

Okibi 05-11-2010 03:39 PM

You see plenty of police that don't indicate properly at roundabouts, it could also be because we have a huge influx of people from interstate and overseas.

crankin91 05-11-2010 04:22 PM

You also see a huge amount of Police breaking the law, (including racing) and parking wherever the hell they feel like it because they think they can.

Rossco 05-11-2010 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=crankin91;509055]You also see a huge amount of Police breaking the law, (including racing) and parking wherever the hell they feel like it because they think they can.[/QUOTE]

On official business they can park wherever the hell they like.......

crankin91 05-11-2010 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;509077]On official business they can park wherever the hell they like.......[/QUOTE]

True, but I wouldn't call getting lunch official business...:p

Alternate 05-11-2010 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Okibi;509017]You see plenty of police that don't indicate properly at roundabouts, it could also be because we have a huge influx of people from interstate and overseas.[/QUOTE]

Victoria street through bunbury has several roundabouts, and if you wait long enough (like 5 minutes) youre bound to see a copper drive through one, not indicating and talking on his handheld radio

Okibi 05-11-2010 05:16 PM

Yup i've got no dramas with seeing a cop car double parked, i'm just happy to see police out on the streets and not sitting behind a desk or hiding in the bushes at the side of a quiet country road. How often do you see a police car patrolling a suburb, getting to know their community and not on their way to/from a crime?

dtrally 05-11-2010 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=crankin91;508867. For instance I've only ever been pulled over once, ....... when they found nothing (I like to think my car is pretty tidy) they smacked me with a no front P plate fine because it had fallen on the floor. [/QUOTE]

Do you think geting a fine for not displying the 'P' plate is unfair? Is it safe to drive with one 'P' plate on the floor if it accidentally :rolleyes:falls off?