Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Fook we have some whingers here.

If people are getting flamed / harassed / 'e-beaten' for want of a better word... They have obviously brought this upon themselves, (case in point last week - as an example... ). I've been here many years, and found people, (both long standing and newer clued in members), to (banter aside) be full of good info and help!

I'm with Chee... needs more pack rape.

Burke.....? Keen...?

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-02-2011, 10:33 AM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

From what I have seen, most people that get a true flaming kinda deserve it. Although there does seem to be some random outbursts, that are either amateur troll attempts or someone got his manrags and decided to take it out on the wrong person.

Or quite often one of the 'in crowd' starts flaming someone and everyone jumps on the bandwagon to back up his mate.

Personally I don't really give 2 shits. If someone upsets me its just as easy to retaliate or walk away. If someone else is getting trolled, its funny to laugh at. I have been logging on here daily for a few years now and don't generally chip in much as my mechanical knowlegde is 2 bits of sweet FA. However on other forums I frequent where I do know quite a bit more.. you tend to get annoyed at n00bs asking the same question, posting absolute jibberish, spamming repeated threads and I take pleasure in showing my disatisfaction.

Yes it is easy to be a keyboard warrior. It's also much easier to type out your true thoughts with a bit of time to think about it than to have a awesome come back at the tip of your tongue at all times in real life.

My only gripe is when people get pissed at bumping old threads. You get flamed for not searching yet quite often I will search and find the answers either very vague or not not complete. It is forum ettiquite to bump an old thread before starting a new one, but if you do so, some smart ass gives you shit for it.

Or then there are the subjects that so many people have asked about, that if you do search for it, you have to sift through 106 different threads where the only response is "search FFS"

- I.E. search for exhausts.

There are about 200 threads on the subject. There are plenty of good opinions and information on them as well. But for a new person just wanting a straight up answer, you need to read all 200 of them to get maybe one or two good posts out of each thread. With the rest being "search FFS" or "you've exhausted my rib appetite"

While again for me, it's not a concern, I sometimes like to read 200 threads (that's not sarcasm) on something Im about to buy. I can imagine for a lot of people, they would get fed up pretty quickly and just want a straight forward answer.
Old 14-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

*close your eyes/ears now if you don't like people being honest, and telling it how it is*

LOL at 7 pages of people bitching about how mean people are to them, and how they don't like what the forum has become.
If you don't like it... FUCK OFF!!

I copped my fair amount of shit when back in 2006 one of my first posts was "spotting someone getting their arse handed to them by my fully sick wagon with a front mount so big it would scrape on speed humps - VL spec"...
I also tried to flame fobz once... wont try that again.
In the end, it was for the better. If it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger.
Since then, I've made some great friends, and gain heaps of knowledge.
Sure, there's a lot of wankers on here, but at the end of the day, if you take a selection of 100 people from the street, no matter what interests they have in common, you're bound to have a few odd sorts amongst the group.

As has been mentioned, this forum is tame compared to others.

Last edited by mattmy99; 14-02-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 14-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

i personally like all the banter and shit stiring, makes for good reading, also helps weed out the pissweak pipsqueaks that can't handle the truth, i've had my fair share of e-arguments on here put everyones entitled to thier own opinion, getting flamed is also character building considering i don't even own a wrx i seem to have fitted into the fold round here with info to share & info to gain, afterall my car would just be a tarago van without p-diddy love hahahaha

everyone wants to get the best out of thier car whether it be for drag racing, track work, pimped out cruising, big stereo baller, or whatever, everyone accomodates this and adds thier comments and if you don't like what you hear move onto a post that has constructive info for you to learn/gain

well thats my take, I'll be here for a long time to come I think/hope
Old 14-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Unsubscribed. Tags are gone
Old 14-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I live my internet life by a simple rule

-If you arnt willing to repeat what you type on a keyboard to someones face, then dont say it.

And I bet a large % of what people type wouldnt be.

Having said that, this place isnt too bad in terms of forums - fuck me some of you would neck yourself if you had to deal with the enviroment of some other forums I am on if you think this is bad.

There is a few self righteous people around, but they are easy to deal with - just hack away.

End of the day - if you dont like it, the LOG OUT button is in the top right corner - no one is forcing you to be here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR View Post
Fook we have some whingers here.

If people are getting flamed / harassed / 'e-beaten' for want of a better word... They have obviously brought this upon themselves, (case in point last week - as an example... ). I've been here many years, and found people, (both long standing and newer clued in members), to (banter aside) be full of good info and help!

I'm with Chee... needs more pack rape.

Burke.....? Keen...?

Brent.
Always keen for pack rape.

Good way to ruin someones valentines day.
Old 14-02-2011, 12:28 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Welcome to Perth WRX, enjoy your stay and go fuck yourself.
Old 14-02-2011, 12:33 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

I think overall there is very little undeserved abuse & flaming in this forum, especially compared to other forums. I think some people may think some of the responses to peoples posts as being a bit ott, but 90% of the time the poster is a tool that brings it on themselves. One thing this forum doesn't do is suffer fools glady.
Old 14-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

karina2009 is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDLYWEPN View Post
I think half the problem with the repeated warnings about using search is that the search tool is actually pretty shit!! Sometimes I've searched for a particular thread that I've looked at previously and it doesn't even come up in the search results. So I can see how some newbies start their own thread sometimes.
not just that but I speak for myself when I say this but for people like me who have never joined a forum, they are a bit confusing to locate things... some setups take getting used to and remembering where to locate specific things Eg; even history of your owns threads started and posts you've made, took me a bit to remember and I'm a very computer illiterate person.

Tags
happened, i read this thread & all i got was a lousy tshirt, nothing about tino . . . yet, pwrx, sandy vaginas, shane's a softcock, the game