Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Things that shit me V7.0 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/56718-things-shit-me-v7-0-a.html)

Aaron L 14-12-2013 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;781410] blood alcohol of 0.276[/QUOTE]

That's a good effect though ;)

Hoping no other damage was done though!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

DukeDrifter 14-12-2013 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=Aaron L;781428]That's a good effect though ;)

Hoping no other damage was done though!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

She's fine, doesn't remember anything and suprisingly doesn't have a headache.

wawa 14-12-2013 12:41 PM

Arsehole bus drivers who fly past the bus stop and don't pick you up desire you jumping up and down waving your arms to get their attention. Fucking needed to get home to get stuff ready for Collie.

GTB Liberty 14-12-2013 12:41 PM

Nice effort ... Free pouring vodka down their throat?

ThatLegend 14-12-2013 07:47 PM

I swear bus drivers literally wait until someone comes driving up behind them to pull out from a stop and cut them off, I have observed it plenty of times. No one coming down road for ages, everyone is on the bus, bus driving wait until a car comes down behind them, puts indicator on and pulls out causing driver to slam on their brakes.

DukeDrifter 14-12-2013 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;781440]Nice effort ... Free pouring vodka down their throat?[/QUOTE]

Lots of tequila.

thehowlfactor 14-12-2013 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=wawa;781439]Arsehole bus drivers who fly past the bus stop and don't pick you up desire you jumping up and down waving your arms to get their attention. Fucking needed to get home to get stuff ready for Collie.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ThatLegend;781478]I swear bus drivers literally wait until someone comes driving up behind them to pull out from a stop and cut them off, I have observed it plenty of times. No one coming down road for ages, everyone is on the bus, bus driving wait until a car comes down behind them, puts indicator on and pulls out causing driver to slam on their brakes.[/QUOTE]

Well this should cheer you both up a little. This Thursday aftenoon a bus outside my work was rear ended by a Ford Falcon. The car managed to rupture the bus fuel tank and fuel was spilling everywhere. The bus driver then had to wait in the full sun for 2 hours while the fire department and police cleaned up the scene. It was rather amusing to watch.

RUSSGT 16-12-2013 10:45 AM

You realise that bus's always have right of way. They can pull out and expect cars to stop. That falcon driver will be screwed.

Also if the bus is full they will not pick passengers up. There will always be another bus a couple mins up the road.

wawa 16-12-2013 10:54 AM

Yep buses do have right of way.

Nope this bus was practically empty and the next one wasn't for an hour being a Saturday. Had to call Mark to come and get me.

MadDocker 16-12-2013 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;781606]You realise that bus's always have right of way. They can pull out and expect cars to stop. That falcon driver will be screwed.

Also if the bus is full they will not pick passengers up. There will always be another bus a couple mins up the road.[/QUOTE]

They have to indicate and give warning of pulling out, not just pull out. Would be a tough sell but if they pull out and cause an accident and there are witnesses they would be in shit.

Wells97 16-12-2013 06:24 PM

Having a POS car and all my mates and stuff rubbing in the fact there parents bought them 20k cars or let them get loans! Really grinds my gears

Jezza 16-12-2013 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=Wells97;781639]Having a POS car and all my mates and stuff rubbing in the fact there parents bought them 20k cars or let them get loans! Really grinds my gears[/QUOTE]

Watch them crash daddy's car or fail later in life when they don't know how to work for shit.

Wells97 16-12-2013 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=Jezza;781643]Watch them crash daddy's car or fail later in life when they don't know how to work for shit.[/QUOTE]

Cant wait for the day were all of the hard work I've ever put into anything shows, I'm not normally one to wish negative karma upon someone but jesus a lot of people need to encounter a problem or two and see how it feels to work your way up or work for something Rant semi over.....

Cat 16-12-2013 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=Wells97;781651]Cant wait for the day were all of the hard work I've ever put into anything shows, I'm not normally one to wish negative karma upon someone but jesus a lot of people need to encounter a problem or two and see how it feels to work your way up or work for something Rant semi over.....[/QUOTE]

built with hard work is better then bought with daddy's money ;)

gorotsuki69 16-12-2013 08:16 PM

a Peugeot 206 GTI isn't exactly POS, if the electronics are working.

Wells97 16-12-2013 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=gorotsuki69;781662]a Peugeot 206 GTI isn't exactly POS, if the electronics are working.[/QUOTE]

The lack of aircon and peeling lacquer has really really started to bug me...

astralex 16-12-2013 08:45 PM

Still beats the hell out of some of the very shitty cars I got around in when I was much, much younger...

pmh 16-12-2013 08:50 PM

i'm sorry but you drive a pug, so you shouldn't complain to be perfectly blunt

Wells97 16-12-2013 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=pmh;781672]i'm sorry but you drive a pug, so you shouldn't complain to be perfectly blunt[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't if the aircon was working!

pmh 16-12-2013 09:31 PM

rally cars dont come with AC
so just pretend you're in one!

Master D 16-12-2013 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=Wells97;781682]i wouldn't if the aircon was working![/QUOTE]

Don't need air con. Adds weight.

Wells97 16-12-2013 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;781685]Don't need air con. Adds weight.[/QUOTE]

haha components are still on the car though :)

thehowlfactor 16-12-2013 09:55 PM

Being hot builds character or gives you a headache, I forget which. It will make you appreciate the WRX even more when you finally get it.

Wells97 16-12-2013 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=thehowlfactor;781691]Being hot builds character or gives you a headache, I forget which. It will make you appreciate the WRX even more when you finally get it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't get the first bit, But trust me the day i finally get my Scooby is gonna be one to remember!!

Saint_23 19-12-2013 08:56 PM

Found out today that friend of my wife was travelling somewhere the other day. Wasn't sure if she was going the right way, so pulled over to the side over the road to check the map on her phone. Cop goes past, she's her looking at the phone. Pulls over and fines her for it. What a crock of shit.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

REXXXED 19-12-2013 09:53 PM

It's just getting stupid isn't it....
Yet you can fuck around with the stereo whilst doing 100Kph in built up traffic.
Or women can do their makeup in the mirror at the lights and there is no law against it.

Makes me wild

fatboy 19-12-2013 10:26 PM

1255mb update on gt6. I just wanna play farkin

GTB Liberty 19-12-2013 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=Saint_23;782085]Found out today that friend of my wife was travelling somewhere the other day. Wasn't sure if she was going the right way, so pulled over to the side over the road to check the map on her phone. Cop goes past, she's her looking at the phone. Pulls over and fines her for it. What a crock of shit.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=REXXXED;782096]It's just getting stupid isn't it....
Yet you can fuck around with the stereo whilst doing 100Kph in built up traffic.
Or women can do their makeup in the mirror at the lights and there is no law against it.

Makes me wild[/QUOTE]

Just the next arbitrary revenue raising scheme.

Be assured I hate people using their phone to text, FB, phone etc whilst driving BUT it's pretty clear.

Using a phone in an hands free manner whilst driving is acceptable. Using it for any other purpose whilst in the car excepting whilst mounted in a commercial device is not. Vehicle movement or lack of, pulled over etc is not mentioned in the change of law regarding the use of a visual device.

To think new cars are sold having in built text to speech, Pandora, internet access, etc.

god help us ...

RichX 19-12-2013 10:58 PM

People using phones while moving/at lights etc is rife. I got bumped by some bitch doing the same. The new law is far from ideal, but if it fucks over bitches updating their facebook, and stops a accidents, then, yeah, i guess I am for it.

baylee 19-12-2013 11:47 PM

Rich, you were just happy for the bump..

Soksta 19-12-2013 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=fatboy;782100]1255mb update on gt6. I just wanna play farkin[/QUOTE]

Had this all the time with GT5, haven't played that in quite some time now!
That and I find Forza 4 more engaging for some reason :D

astralex 20-12-2013 12:41 PM

I had four scuba air cylinders and two deco (50% and 100% O2) cylinders hydro tested and cleaned and filled with their correct gases a few days ago, and picked them up this morning, however the shop was closed so they left them for me in their cleaning shed, get them home (90 minutes away), analyse the gas mixtures and find the pure O2 to be 80 and the 50% to be 40%. This really grinds my gears.

mavx4 20-12-2013 01:20 PM

$299 telstra connection fee when my house is fully wired up

Slap Dash 20-12-2013 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=mavx4;782165]$299 telstra connection fee when my house is fully wired up[/QUOTE]

I worked for a Telco for a number of years (iiNet - Faults) & Sorry but the Charge is legit & fair in my opinion.. The Work was completed by Telstra's own accord or still needs some work to be completed by technicians in the field. (eg. Installation or termination of Leadin cable to Premises).

In most circumstances all work is done & completed by Telstra prior to anyone paying them a cent. Eg. Leadin Cable to premises from the Pit, To Pillar, To Exchange.

You will Typically find that when a new house is built the charge is applied only to the first connection & this is for Telstra to recoup their costs & time. Thereafter is a Standard $59 connection fee which involves a tech performing the termination at the exchange MDF, in which terminates to your carrier of choice DSLAM.

Have seen friends bitch about the same thing previously, before being explained what the charge is actually for. They tend to understand in the end. None the less; Telstra Can still Die in a fire :p.

[IMG]http://bloomradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/the_more_you_know.jpeg[/IMG]

mavx4 20-12-2013 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=Slap Dash;782169]I worked for a Telco for a number of years (iiNet - Faults) & Sorry but the Charge is legit & fair in my opinion.. The Work was completed by Telstra's own accord or still needs some work to be completed by technicians in the field. (eg. Installation or termination of Leadin cable to Premises).

In most circumstances all work is done & completed by Telstra prior to anyone paying them a cent. Eg. Leadin Cable to premises from the Pit, To Pillar, To Exchange.

You will Typically find that when a new house is built the charge is applied only to the first connection & this is for Telstra to recoup their costs & time. Thereafter is a Standard $59 connection fee which involves a tech performing the termination at the exchange MDF, in which terminates to your carrier of choice DSLAM.

Have seen friends bitch about the same thing previously, before being explained what the charge is actually for. They tend to understand in the end. None the less; Telstra Can still Die in a fire :p.

[IMG]http://bloomradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/the_more_you_know.jpeg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

but it is not a new house. and there was a phone number at some point and I was told it is no longer available. I understand that $299 is fair for first connection and the physical line and stuff. but another $299 for having it reconnected just to get Naked DSL again? how does that work?

RUSSGT 20-12-2013 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=astralex;782160]I had four scuba air cylinders and two deco (50% and 100% O2) cylinders hydro tested and cleaned and filled with their correct gases a few days ago, and picked them up this morning, however the shop was closed so they left them for me in their cleaning shed, get them home (90 minutes away), analyse the gas mixtures and find the pure O2 to be 80 and the 50% to be 40%. This really grinds my gears.[/QUOTE]

How do you analyse them?

Slap Dash 20-12-2013 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=mavx4;782170]but it is not a new house. and there was a phone number at some point and I was told it is no longer available. I understand that $299 is fair for first connection and the physical line and stuff. but another $299 for having it reconnected just to get Naked DSL again? how does that work?[/QUOTE]

If the Pair going to your premises was taken from the pit outside your premises & allocated elsewhere, then it involves a new connection being made. Specially if your Street is limited on cable runs (Faulty & provisioned lines). Also If line is disconnected for a certain amount of time, Telstra are within their rights to allocate the pair elsewhere.

It would have more than likely been a neighbour nearby who decided to connect a new phone line to their premises (Two lines) or wanted ADSL. Telstra would have identified a free Pair in the street with no service on it which it would have then allocated accordingly.

Telstra's records in Linux online would've then been updated to reflect no previous service for your Current/New Service to connect on.. Hence requiring Telstra to Haul new cable to the street etc.

fatboy 20-12-2013 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;782172]How do you analyse them?[/QUOTE]

With an O2 sensor silly....

astralex 20-12-2013 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=fatboy;782174]With an O2 sensor silly....[/QUOTE]

Correcto. There are all different types, some are just O2, the one I've got does O2, HE, CO.

mavx4 20-12-2013 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Slap Dash;782173]If the Pair going to your premises was taken from the pit outside your premises & allocated elsewhere, then it involves a new connection being made. Specially if your Street is limited on cable runs (Faulty & provisioned lines). Also If line is disconnected for a certain amount of time, Telstra are within their rights to allocate the pair elsewhere.

It would have more than likely been a neighbour nearby who decided to connect a new phone line to their premises (Two lines) or wanted ADSL. Telstra would have identified a free Pair in the street with no service on it which it would have then allocated accordingly.

Telstra's records in Linux online would've then been updated to reflect no previous service for your Current/New Service to connect on.. Hence requiring Telstra to Haul new cable to the street etc.[/QUOTE]

argh..... oh well. just wondering if the cost was legit. actually it is more frustrating that I probably won't get any internet till after new year. which means 1 whole week of staying home with nothing to do.