Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-2015, 01:31 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

joshrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insome View Post
Far as things that shit me.. the fact Subaru Ozzie park can't stamp the log book when they do their services.... Don't honestly know why I'm surprised.
I know this pain unfortunately.

Hyundai reamed me over 1k in service fees for my getz after they said to me $550 (CEL diagnostic, repair and minor service). This is basic shit too, fluids, air filter, a typical "check the box" service. Found out they decided I needed new tires, alignment, wiper arms, fluid flushes, disposal fees etc... whole 9 yards of add on high margin shit.

After them going in dry and handing over a pathetic 4c/L fuel discount to make me feel better about it, I was so fuming I didn't notice the book wasn't stamped till I got home. I have the receipt for the work done though.

Never going back there. Ever.
Old 25-04-2015, 07:06 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIMUL8IN View Post
Grrr! So this happened last Saturday, the day before the Scoobies for Boobies cruise...

Hoped it could be repaired, took it to a tyre shop which will at this stage remain nameless. Unfortunately they called later in the week saying it was too close to the edge to be repaired and would need a new tyre. Bummer. Thought I'd better do at least a whole axle, so asked for a price for two new tyres. They quoted Bridgestone RE003s, did a quick look on here and elsewhere on the interwebz and found they were pretty decent. Rang around a few other places to make sure their pricing was good and discovered the Bridgestone 4 for 3 offer, so then I thought bugger it, do all 4. Fair enough.

But here's where it really gets annoying...asked them to not use a rattle gun (aluminium lug nuts) and be careful with the custom paint job...get it home with the new rubber and inspect the wheels and bingo...

Luckily when Owen at Meltham's painted them for me, I got him to give me a pot of touch up paint. They don't look too bad now, but I know it's there.

Worst part is when I rang the place and was told..."yeah we noticed the custom paint job wasn't very good....lots of touch ups here and there". When I politely informed him he was talking rubbish, I was told, "I can assure you we know far more about rims than you do"...end result was that the owner will be calling me on Tuesday when he gets in. We'll see how that goes....

Could be worse. Apart from paint damage around the nuts from the rattle gun, the shop didn't even do a wheel alignment that they claimed they had. This was confirmed by Wilkinsons. Shop was bridgestone in Midland.
SolarFilms likes this.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Australia Post... Delivering bank cards to,the wrong address so you have to try no make it into your local to pick up the returned card....and now their new express isn't express bs. Fuck you asshole post...../ end rant.
SolarFilms likes this.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SolarFilms at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIMUL8IN View Post
Grrr! So this happened last Saturday, the day before the Scoobies for Boobies cruise...

Worst part is when I rang the place and was told..."yeah we noticed the custom paint job wasn't very good....lots of touch ups here and there". When I politely informed him he was talking rubbish, I was told, "I can assure you we know far more about rims than you do"...end result was that the owner will be calling me on Tuesday when he gets in. We'll see how that goes....

I do respect that you wanted to keep company nameless. But that is fucking awful as hell if the same thing happened to me I would lose my shit completely I know it wouldn't fix it but would vent some of my anger.

Keep the forum posted on what happens after.

Much wow
many powerr
very siberu
Old 03-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFilms View Post

I do respect that you wanted to keep company nameless. But that is fucking awful as hell if the same thing happened to me I would lose my shit completely I know it wouldn't fix it but would vent some of my anger.

Keep the forum posted on what happens after.
So the owner rang me and was full of apologies.

Offered me a free balance and wheel alignment, but I refused (no way the car is going back there again).

He said he'd have a word with the idiot person who pissed me off, probably all bullshit, but he said the right words, so I left it there.

The touch up paint Owen gave me has gone on well and it's the kind of damage only I'll know is there. So I've left it at that. Couldn't see any other reasonable outcome, but lesson learned.

Happy to let anyone know where I went via PM for those interested.
s20525xxx, joshrx and SolarFilms like this.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 06-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Just seen on a facebook group I joined a while ago that someones dog was baited up near Butler, just for any of you who have dogs up that way, please keep an eye on your dogs.
Tiigga and Brodz like this.
Old 14-05-2015, 06:17 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Farking axle nut I can't get undone!!!
Impact driver - nup
Break bar with 1.5 jack handle as extension - nup
Result.. Snapped uni-joint on breaker bar...

Puck me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee View Post
Farking axle nut I can't get undone!!!
Impact driver - nup
Break bar with 1.5 jack handle as extension - nup
Result.. Snapped uni-joint on breaker bar...

Puck me...

Did you knock the locking bit out first? I know some people rely on the impact gun to pop it out, but if you are having trouble, you can knock it out with a hammer and chisel or screwdriver first
Old 14-05-2015, 06:55 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Yeah tab has been pulled out of the groove, still doesn't want to budge. Have tried penetrating lube & hammer lubrication to nut...

Need a bigger hammer or stronger impact driver.. ;-)

Old 14-05-2015, 07:00 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff
Default Things that shit me V7.0

Sometimes they need a good soak with wd40 or Inox they seize up with a lot of heat through them . Hard braking because racecar etc.

Sometimes I've had to take the hub and knuckle off with the shaft then stand it up in a vice and flood the centre with Wd40 CRC etc and leave it for a couple of hours then it will play the game .

Then emery paper the splines clean and I put some anti seize on the spline when reassembling . Never had an issue after that.

Sent from under my Dok Dok

Last edited by amtrapid; 14-05-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Tags
fatboy, sandy vaginas, things, tony, v70