Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 08:08 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
Having oil split all over the engine block, wiring harness, radiator fan, turbo & the heat shield and having to pull over on Roe highway in the middle of peak hour to figure out what the heck was going on =/

So what the heck was going on?
dnbosiris likes this.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
So what the heck was going on?
I had the car in for a service today, did the usual inspection around to make sure everything was good.
Didn't think to check under the hood to see if anything was out of the ordinary.

Looks like some one has either let the oil filter drain out over the engine whilst removing it or had a spill whilst filling up the engine with oil.
Also looks like there have been no attempts to clean up at all.

I'll have a go at cleaning it up a bit tomorrow if I can, otherwise its been booked to go back to where it came from first thing on Monday morning.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
I had the car in for a service today, did the usual inspection around to make sure everything was good.
Didn't think to check under the hood to see if anything was out of the ordinary.

Looks like some one has either let the oil filter drain out over the engine whilst removing it or had a spill whilst filling up the engine with oil.

I'll have a go at cleaning it up a bit tomorrow if I can, otherwise its been booked to go back to where it came from first thing on Monday morning.
Don't clean it up, take it back so they can see it properly, that's not acceptable from any professional workshop.

Sounds like I did it...
Old 05-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Don't clean it up, take it back so they can see it properly, that's not acceptable from any professional workshop.

Sounds like I did it...
I have already taken enough photos showing the extent of the oil in the engine bay, the 20 minute drive on Monday morning will most likely result in most of the oil burning off but a fair bit will be left.

They have offered their apologies, some compensation and will clean up the spill for me on Monday at no charge.
Just a pity that I now have to start work later and finish earlier to sort this out =/
Old 05-08-2016, 09:16 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:

Where abouts is the oil. Could be a hairline crack AVCS oil hardline. That is a not uncommon thing. Although odd if it happened after a service.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Where abouts is the oil. Could be a hairline crack AVCS oil hardline. That is a not uncommon thing. Although odd if it happened after a service.
The oil is only on the passenger side of the engine, which is where the oil filter is located.

Found it on part of the wiring harness, a couple of connectors and one sensor running to the turbo charger, timing chain cover, one of the idler/tensioner, passenger side fan assembly, on some of the plastic clips and trim surrounding the radiator, turbo heat shield, etc.

It was pretty much all located on the passenger side of the front of the engine so it could be a crack or just sloppy workmanship.
I just had a look then with a fairly bright torch and it looks like the ring surrounding the oil filter has been cleaned and there are some marks on the grill that looks like something has been sprayed on and dripped all over the place.

Last edited by Soksta; 05-08-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

My wife getting rear ended by a semi trailer this morning on her way to work, luckily she had already unloaded the kids. Low speed crash but still scary shit. She only has a little back and neck soreness so not too bad at this stage.

Rear end of our newish territory is not pretty, broken glass all through the car.

Driver of the truck did not get out of his vehicle till the cops arrived. Then had the cheek to say to my wife ''why did you stop suddenly?" then ''Is this a company car?'' then ''they are all plastic pieces of shit anyways.'' then ''I only hit you doing 2km/h.''

Fark you truck driver, try showing the tiniest bit of compassion next time you dickhead.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:33 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Make sure she gets the neck looked at mate. Injuries like that can seam minor when they happen, and not even hurt too bad because of adrenilin from the initial incident. But cause ongoing issues later on.

Also. Assuming the insurance policies are all up to date. Its probably the best thing that can happen to a territory.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

What a complete fuckwit. Glad she's OK. No doubt he was following too close like most semi drivers. They think because they can see over the top of cars that they can see what's happening before everyone else and don't require as much reaction time. I try my best to get the fuck out of dodge if a semi ends up behind me.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:34 PM

Odd that he stuck around in the cab until the Police came, almost sounds as if he has been in this exact scenario before.
Hoping for a quick or reasonable recovery, it took me about 3 years to recover from the neck and back issues that I had from being rear ended at 60km/h.

Definitely see a doctor and physiotherapist so that they can start to compile evidence that will be required further down the road.

Even go for regular checkups when there is some or no improvement.

Tags
fatboy, sandy vaginas, things, tony, v70