Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree425Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post

'Compare' to HC+ and 'are' HC+ are two different things Mao.
DukeDrifter and amtrapid like this.

Last edited by Tony; 11-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Although 'English is not my first language', I think it is already clearly spelt out in the email that they are the same as the HC+ and are manufactured by PMu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
'Compare' to HC+ and 'are' HC+ are to different things Mao.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:11 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
'Compare' to HC+ and 'are' HC+ are to different things Mao.
I think you mean two.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:14 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

Out of curiousity. Did the questionable pads fail in any way?
If purchased for the track, how did they perform?

Or are we just discussing whether they are genuine or not?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

No its stipulates that they are HC+ SPEC pads manufactured by PMU to be sold as SPK HD's. Just because they are HC+ spec does not make them Legit HC+ pads.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

davidsdh at standard level

Quote:
Although 'English is not my first language', I think it is already clearly spelt out in the email that they are the same as the HC+ and are manufactured by PMu.
Comparable is incredibly ambiguous, its like saying Evo-R is comparable to Langtrees. You can get fucked at both.

I bought the other set of brakes that Taylor has, exactly the same, I noticed they have dissipated quite quickly for just 2 track events. Will pull them out tonight to measure.
Mike, lachy294 and amtrapid like this.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
These are all made in Japan. No different from the PMu packaged items.

I have not been notified about a set melting at RAC. Be nice to know whose it was, when it was purchased and what pads he was using - some part numbers will help.

Mao,

It was mine!

The right front went ultra hot and started generating so much heat, like you could see the heat wave and feel it...then when I went back on track, I completely lost braking and went off the track. Once off the track back in the car park that one pad was pretty much melting, had to go do rolling laps to cool it down.

I haven't contacted you about it as I wasn't that fussed and was happy to go purchase the AU supplied PMU HC+ pads which are working great and I could even say exactly on par with the ones you supplied in daily driving.

Just to be clear, I have had yours on for about 9 months at the time (purchased from you around April 2013 and RAC was December) and they have been great with unbelievable stopping power until then, when they probably didn't perform like what you would expect of an hc+ rated for 800 degs on a track.

I believe QC is at fault or it is an older out of date HC+ compound with those rebranded pads, or not the right compound as to get a proper P-Mu HC+ to melt is quite a feat.

I wasn't going to say anything about this as I'm not that bothered about it anymore but you asked and now that its on the table here might as well see what the deal is.

Last edited by RJ999; 11-03-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:28 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

You mean the email that doesn't even have any signature or indication of who it is besides Wangip and SFK Singapore seems like legit Japanese sourced product to me . lol
davidsdh likes this.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Worn too quickly or melted? get it right.

Attached is communication I kept before selling the pads. I had recommended Racing 999 which I had in stock but was later told to change them to hc+ which I had to order in as I had sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsdh View Post
Comparable is incredibly ambiguous, its like saying Evo-R is comparable to Langtrees. You can get fucked at both.

I bought the other set of brakes that Taylor has, exactly the same, I noticed they have dissipated quite quickly for just 2 track events. Will pull them out tonight to measure.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

I would have rather you told me then.

I can only remember that I only sold you the fronts and you have a bad rattling noise from using the wrong pad that was fitted elsewhere. Would you have not thought that there was a possibility that the rotors were already damaged to a point?

Also, the HC+ are after all street pads and not a track pad.

No qualms, would have appreciated you telling me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Mao,

It was mine!

The right front went ultra hot and started generating so much heat, like you could see the heat wave and feel it...then when I went back on track, I completely lost braking and went off the track. Once off the track back in the car park that one pad was pretty much melting, had to go do rolling laps to cool it down.

I haven't contacted you about it as I wasn't that fussed and was happy to go purchase the AU supplied PMU HC+ pads which are working great and I could even say exactly on par with the ones you supplied in daily driving.

Just to be clear, I have had yours on for about 9 months at the time (purchased from you around April 2013 and RAC was December) and they have been great with unbelievable stopping power until then, when they probably didn't perform like what you would expect of an hc+ rated for 800 degs on a track.

I believe QC is at fault or it is an older out of date HC+ compound with those rebranded pads, or not the right compound as to get a proper P-Mu HC+ to melt is quite a feat.

I wasn't going to say anything about this as I'm not that bothered about it anymore but you asked and now that its on the table here might as well see what the deal is.
Closed Thread

Tags
announcement, comparable to hc+, customer service extraordinaire, davidsdh more like davids a dh amirite?, evor, homer tuning - doughy tunes ftw, i want fake boobs not fake pads !, indo mao mi goreng special!, like sand through the hour glass, maofunctions, pads? sounds like somebody needs tampons, project mao pads, project mu stopping sandy vajinas since 2014, project popcorn moo!, public, service, stretching small penises, the ugly side of p-wrx, thread needs more legal threats, vendetta+ pads!, with a dok dok here...dok dok there, yes im a cunt so what ?, yum cha