Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree425Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
It was actually spur of the maoment, but I've edited it to please mARC
Good boy
Old 12-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

bird and lachy294 like this.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Mao, all jokes aside I appreciate that you run a business and supply parts at great prices.
However when we asked for HC+ pads, for myself at least, that is what I expected to get.

I know that there are plenty of degenerates who will at any opportunity try and catch shops like yours out and demand free or new products because they can.

So your response of essentially, and I’m paraphrasing a little, “la la la cant hear you, they are same/similar/comparable/hc+ spec” is in part understandable. But essentially you skirt around the meanings of comparable and similar and haven’t really listened to the important point that’s been made a couple of times.

Although I admit we were incorrect about the rear pads not being manufactured by PMu it was reasonable to rely on the communications we had from PMu AU directly over your supplier.

You, by written message, agreed to supply PMu HC+ pads for front and back for both of us.

If I asked an impartial bystander what they would expect from that agreement what do you think they would say?

They would not say any old pads made by the same company.
They would not say pads only for sale in another region.
They would not say pads that are 6-10 years old and a different compound.
They would not say Titanium Kai by Project Miu.

They would say PMu HC+ pads. If you google that phrase that’s generally what I would expect to receive.

Just to refresh your memory and in light of what Gavin has confirmed in the email attached:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin - PMu AUS
"These pads should not be distributed or sold in Australia and or outside their designated region as these compounds and their specifications are to the wholesalers requirements and can vary from the standard PMU Compound"

"The front pads were manufactured some 6 years ago whilst the rear "green" items are some 10 years old and are a very old compound of pad described to me as similar but not HC+"

"The suitability of this compound to your requirements would be my concern"

"As mentioned whilst these are similar to HC+ these pads are not "HC+""
Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Taylor:
The pads are the same with no compound differences. Thet are manufactured by Project Mu and not Aisin and I will happily be proved wrong.
Quote:
Taylor: Forgot to mention, the front pads were made in 2012/13 not 6 years ago.
It is your right as a customer to question if the parts are genuine, but as I mentioned my PM to you, call Japan to verify.
Quote:
I will say this clearly, I have sold Taylor the correct Project Mu pads
Quote:
I think it is already clearly spelt out in the email that they are the same as the HC+ and are manufactured by PMu.
Quote:
Please prove othrwise if the pad supplied is not a HC+ pad manufactured by Project Mu in Japan.
Quote:
With regards to the brake pads, they are genuine HC+, produced and manufactured by PMu in Japan.
Quote:
Yes of course I am willing [to replace the pads] if what I supplied is not the same compound as the HC+
Quote:
Unfortunately, I cannot admit to selling a non PMu manufactured HC+, which is not true.
Quote:
YES, they are 100% PMu HC+ brake pads manufactured by PMu in Japan and not through some chop shop hidden elsewhere
Quote:
I can however tell Dukedrifter this: I did not sell you a non HC+ pad not made by PMu in Japan. Also, I did not sell you a comparable product. It is the same product.
Just because you have said over and over that they are doesn't make it true.

So my questions to you are as follows:

Do you agree that although these pads are made by PMu they are not the PMu HC+ model that we requested?

Do you also agree that these, like Gavin has put, may not be the same compound as current HC+ pads?

Do you think it is fair and reasonable to agree to provide a product for a customer, not provide that product as requested or described and still take their money?

What would you want your supplier to do if you ordered parts from them and they sent you something different but perhaps “comparable”?

You didn't supply us with what we asked for and we want our money back ($1040) or the product we asked for in the first place.
davidsdh, wawa, lachy294 and 2 others like this.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Don't think you have any course for action given you've installed and used the pads you were provided with. Had you left them in the box and not installed them, then yes, you'd have recourse, but from what I've read here I'd say you're sol.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Did the boxes they came in when you picked them up actually state the were indeed PMU HC+ or did they say something else like pictured below?

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO

Last edited by JDM_STYLE; 12-03-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:16 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Oh my, so they in fact WERE made by Project Mu, in the same heat range and "similar compound" (says the chemist at racer industries)

Hmmmmmm, i actually think from here on in i might buy them from Mao as they are just rebranded (and lets face it they are not a watch you show off to your mates) at a substantial discount and will do exactly the same job!

Winning!

So now that the Aus distributor mentions that they indeed were made by PMU i can't wait to see what EBC and PMU japan have to say..... I kinda feel sorry that Mao has been slandered in nearly 206 posts!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook

Last edited by fatboy; 12-03-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

With all respect to Gavin I wouldn't take everything he says with 100% legitimacy.

He has a vested commercial interest in you buying from people he supplies, and couldn't even tell you about his own product (well, because he doesn't sell them) so believing him on production date also seems a bit wary.

Given pmu are a boutique company I doubt they have stock sitting around that long... well, ever.

Yours sincerely,

fence sitter jay

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-03-2014, 05:22 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

davidsdh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
So now that the Aus distributor mentions that they indeed were made by PMU i can't wait to see what EBC and PMU japan have to say.....
That email is from Gavin pmu aus, confirming with pmu Japan that those pads aren't what we ordered, for sale in Australia. Feel free to re read at your own pace.

Last edited by davidsdh; 12-03-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Sir AntiLag

bird at standard level

I'm sure some people would be happy with the same compound (albeit different product) for a cheaper price if they were told up front.

Given Mao claimed these were the exact same product manufactured by Project Mu, instead of claiming they were of equivalence, i'm siding with Taylor on this one.
Jhan94 and amtrapid like this.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:33 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/661861-post1.html

Looks like he was upfront from the beginning that they are branded differently and a different colour....

Last edited by mao; 01-12-2012 at 09:25 PM.
RUSSGT, N1GHTH4WK92 and Kiiz like this.

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Closed Thread

Tags
announcement, comparable to hc+, customer service extraordinaire, davidsdh more like davids a dh amirite?, evor, homer tuning - doughy tunes ftw, i want fake boobs not fake pads !, indo mao mi goreng special!, like sand through the hour glass, maofunctions, pads? sounds like somebody needs tampons, project mao pads, project mu stopping sandy vajinas since 2014, project popcorn moo!, public, service, stretching small penises, the ugly side of p-wrx, thread needs more legal threats, vendetta+ pads!, with a dok dok here...dok dok there, yes im a cunt so what ?, yum cha