Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level
Default Wiring question

Im cutting a bit of weight down in preperation for Collie.

First time I've ever pulled my stereo out and just a bit worried about doing it wrong.

If I remove the fuses which connect the positive wires only to the amplifiers, has this been correctly isolated? The negatives can remain?

I have removed the sub which was around 40kg alone and took both fuses conecting positive power cables and pulled the speaker wire out of the amp as well.

I'm tempted to pull the amps out as well considering they will add another 50kg or so. But I'm not keen at all on taking all the wires out knowing full well I'll have to pay someone to get it all back on safely.

so... back to the first question, If I leave a positive power cable that has been disconected at the fuse on the floor of the boot, while the negatives are all still connected, is this going to be safe?

There is also a second battery in the boot. It is grounded to the same point in the boot as all the amp cables. Not sure if this helps, but there is a switch between the second battery and the first which I have disconected only via the positive cable.

Tags
question, wiring