Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on!!

Were you dealing with a mechanic/workshop/private company, or a DPI inspection centre (aka: The Pits)?
Do some research. There are a couple of mechanical workshops licenced to be inspects centres.

Another that comes to mind is Pebco in Hamilton Hill.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 26-01-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 26-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

What a fuck around! It's shit like this that pisses me off to no end. Beaurocratic nonsense getting in the way of any form of common sense!!

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 26-01-2013, 06:58 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Do some research. There are a couple f mechanical workshops licenced to be inspects centres.

Another that comes to mind is Pebco in Hamilton Hill.

And there's another in Osborne Park. Thats not where I'm going with the conversation.

Everyone is assuming it was a DPI run Inspection Centre thats causing the greif and hard times with this privacy glass issue, when it's a business/company. The name calling should be directed to this 1 particular business and not generally at Inspection Centres.

It needed pointing out as that info was only mentioned late in the peice.
Old 30-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

bombers821 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
The name calling should be directed to this 1 particular business and not generally at Inspection Centres.

It needed pointing out as that info was only mentioned late in the peice.

By all means not dogging out all the inspection centres just this particular one he's clear lack of care for my car and lack of knowledge and expertise was today laughed at by the guys at warwick who took the best part of a minute to remove the sticker at last haha! conclusion at last!

Subaru also provided me with the documents i needed to rule out any chance that the DPI can say that it's not factory and is able to warrant a defect so now i have no sticker and the paperwork to prevent being stickered for window tint in the future! thanks for everyone who helped out
Old 30-01-2013, 12:29 PM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombers821 View Post
By all means not dogging out all the inspection centres just this particular one he's clear lack of care for my car and lack of knowledge and expertise was today laughed at by the guys at warwick who took the best part of a minute to remove the sticker at last haha! conclusion at last!

Subaru also provided me with the documents i needed to rule out any chance that the DPI can say that it's not factory and is able to warrant a defect so now i have no sticker and the paperwork to prevent being stickered for window tint in the future! thanks for everyone who helped out
Hey mate, As previously suggested could you please upload those Documents from Subaru to the rest of the Perth-Wrx.

I too have Privacy glass in my rears & would like to have something to back up my claims if I should find myself in a similar situation.

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......
Old 30-01-2013, 12:30 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Good to hear. Commonsense has prevailed
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 30-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post
Hey mate, As previously suggested could you please upload those Documents from Subaru to the rest of the Perth-Wrx.
Nice work clearing the yellow.
As for the documentation, it would be greatly appreciated by many if it could be uploaded somewhere to be used as a reference for future occurrences.

I wonder if tuna can upload it some where on the forums where it won't get lost or deleted?

Last edited by Soksta; 30-01-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 30-01-2013, 12:41 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post

I too have Privacy glass in my rears & would like to have something to back up my claims if I should find myself in a similar situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
Nice work clearing the yellow.
As for the documentation, it would be greatly appreciated by many if it could be uploaded somewhere to be used as a reference for future occurrences.

I wonder if tuna can upload it some where on the forums where it won't get lost or deleted?
Agreed ... I'm sure I'll need it at some stage in the future.
Old 30-01-2013, 01:14 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

This whole scenario is classically indicative of the nature of people, whereby we don't like to admit when we are wrong. It seems the examiner simply did NOT want to back down when confronted with the evidence that the rear windows are the way they are from factory.

Good on you for sticking to your guns and pushing through until you got a satisfactory result. I would even suggest a letter be sent to this guy's boss, or even the DPI to highlight the issue so that gung-ho examiners can be brought into line, and in some small way, help to level the playing field.

The smokey sh!tboxes that are being driven around are the ones which should be the targets of windscreen yellows, with a lot less emphasis on people who are enthusiastic about their cars and keep them in A1 condition throughout.
GTB Liberty likes this.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 30-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

So....
Have you send the dickhead at the original workshop an invoice for wasting your time yet?
GTB Liberty and Slap Dash like this.

Tags
glass, privacy