Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2015, 04:51 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Yo Simon (or anyone)... What's the size to get for the 06 STi front splits and rear speakers?
4" 5" 6" 6.5"? no idea
6.5" according to google
RJ999 likes this.
Old 26-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
What ever you do, make sure you keep your receipt.
I'm loving your work lately. Keep it up.
mARC, REXXXED and amtrapid like this.
Old 26-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

My favourite part is how he keeps avoiding the questions, thinking that they will go away.
Just a little hint here Mr Howl.....

They won't!
Old 26-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
Unfair comparison. They are a direct/grey/parallel importer that is able to offer substantially "discounted" prices due to bulk purchasing and lower overheads. By all means purchase from them (awesome prices) but:

a) don't expect a shop to match their prices for major components
b) be wary of the warranty, because warranty won't be honoured through the local distributor (sending heavy amps and subs over east to be inspected if they shit themselves is fucking expensive).

Last week I upgraded my sub amp to an Alpine PDX-M12. rrp$999 - "street price" around $800-$900. Ryda's price - $543
I managed to get one locally for 600 clams. Now the shop would have made fuck all from that sale and I pretty much only got that price because I recommend a lot of people to the store (Westside) and have had a few things done by them over the years. I preferred to pay the extra to support a local business and for warranty purposes. I could have gotten my Alpine processor for $200 cheaper online a couple of years ago, but I decided to once again throw the money at Westside. Good thing I did too because after I installed it myself, I discovered there was a problem with it (being temperamental and only turning on occasionally). Fabian knows that I know what I'm doing when it comes to audio and had no problem swapping it over for a new unit and dealing with the faulty item via the local Alpine rep, himself. Most stores would have said "you installed it, you fucked it" or "we'll have to send it to Alpine to get it tested before doing anything else". What I'm trying to say is, there are times where purchasing locally pays off.

In regards to the price of your proposed system... can't say without specific model numbers. If it's all entry-level components, then it would be a pretty standard price without any form of discount. Get a quote with specific model numbers, then go to other stores and get quotes from them. Listen to speakers. All brands. Discover what your ears like the sound of, and what they don't. Rockford Fosgate splits sound like fucking mud. Their subs and amps are GREAT but their speakers are very, very average. Go to Westside in Cannington and listen to Focal, Morel and Hertz (I'm very biased towards Focal speakers, with good reason. They actually R&D and manufacture their own speakers, whereas most of the mainstream speaker brands just buy mass produced Chinese drivers and put their own baskets and logos on them). Hertz and Morel have some splits that are amazing value for money. Listen to these, then compare them to Pioneer, Alpine and Clarion offerings. The best thing about Westside is that they have sound boards for all of those brands (except maybe Pioneer, can't remember).

With installation - if you're good with tools, patient and don't mind doing a bit of research and reading then it isn't all that hard. I really didn't want to bother pulling down my interior when I first got my car so I paid Westside to do the initial installation in my car (power run from the battery through the firewall is the hardest part, often a c#@t of a job, as is sound deadening). Since then my system has changed significantly and most of that work has been done by me apart from making and installing custom speaker rings/mounts for my front splits - another reason to pay an installer to do that particular job properly.
dnbosiris and RJ999 like this.

Last edited by TROLLEY; 26-02-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 26-02-2015, 08:21 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
Unfair comparison. They are a direct/grey/parallel importer that is able to offer substantially "discounted" prices due to bulk purchasing and lower overheads. By all means purchase from them (awesome prices) but:

a) don't expect a shop to match their prices for major components
b) be wary of the warranty, because warranty won't be honoured through the local distributor (sending heavy amps and subs over east to be inspected if they shit themselves is fucking expensive).
Agreed, I was more pointing the OP in that direction so he has at least some basis of comparison for the prices he sees in a shop... as he said he had no idea whether the prices were realistic. I am all for buying locally and paying the premium if you are getting a top level of service.
Edit: and +1 for Fabian at westside Cannington, that guy is a legend
TROLLEY likes this.

Last edited by dnbosiris; 27-02-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 26-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
You'd have to ask Doug what he's into 😁😁
dnbosiris likes this.

Tags
car, price, stereo, system