Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > ECUTEK Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru
Default My Experience with EcuTek

Had a few PM's so seeing as I am not bagging a workshop I don't see any reason not to post this anymore. Started a new thread so when people ask I can point them here rather than trying to find posts over different forums to jog my memory.

The car started running like a bag of shit all of a sudden, it was stalling and backfiring and using a truckload of oil. I booked the car in for a tune and checkup.

I took the car in and got a phone call saying the car is running extremely lean and it now won't start. I replied that no other workshop had touched the car and it had been running fine with that tune for 3-4 months, the car had also only done 40,000kms and not all those were modded km’s.

They obviously worked out it was a problem with the Ecu that they couldn't solve here. They flew my Ecu to MRT over east and had MRT fly an Ecu over from a car with similar mods running EcuTek. They put the new Ecu in and the car started and things were looking great. My program was then downloaded to the Ecu and the car wouldn't start again. In the meantime MRT couldn't see anything wrong with my Ecu. The logged files were then sent to MRT and there were no obvious issues with them either.

The Ecu was then flown to EcuTek in the UK where they diagnosed it as being a corrupted log file. There are holes with that explanation.

The Ecu I received back from the UK worked fine and the car was running again. It was still using alot of oil and gradually blowing alot more smoke.

Upon Inspection I was told I was up for a full rebuild. Do you think EcuTek would take any responsibility. Fuk No, the workshop certainly wasn't going to offer warranty on something that wasn't their fault either. So many hands went in the air very quickly it was amazing. The workshop were definitely prepared to help me out with the rebuild and look after me.

I don’t blame the workshop at all I blame EcuTek. Moral of the story is, you play you pay, just be careful you play with the right tools. Don’t expect warranty even when it is offered.

This is only a personal experience and other people have run EcuTek for years with no issues. Steve for example.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Tags
ecutek, experience