Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Mao, any chance you could overlay Roughstylin's power run vs the GT 2835?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Yes will do it. Just note that the other car had type C cams and heads.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Burnout!

Yeah, curious how the area under the curve stacks up for both car setups. Looks to be quite different despite the similar(ish) hp figures.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Hi Kato,

You are correct with the assessment.

Simon's car has higher hp and torque as he is running better headers and uppipe and front pipe, althought the other car had Spec C cams and heads. Also, we have spent a lot of time on Simon's tune which was great as he was able to play with the car on the skid pan and the drags, and afterwards came back to fine-tune it a couple of times to achieve what he really required.

Also Simon's HKS turbo was full HKS spec which spooled up quicker and stronger but because the other car had a recon done locally, the tubro bearing catridge replaced is not HKS but Garrett. HKS develops its own stuff by further enhancing the Garrett GT2835in which case, RoghStilin's car performed better.

However, do not put down the Spec C as it was tuned on a 35degC day, so there would have been better torque figures on a cooler day.

Below is the closest graph I could find for RoughStilin's car vs the Spec C. As you can see, Simon's turbo spooled a lot stronger. I have used this graph as a close comparison with timing not heavily advanced yet on Simon's STi.

Below is Simon's STi with heavy timing advance vs the Spec C (which was tuned on a 35degC day and is on a very safe tune):

Last edited by mao; 12-01-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

For any that dont know - My car will be in next week or the week after for Vipec and tuning, it will be interesting to see it on a Stock 2.0 Non-STi as opposed to these STi's and 2.5's with modifications.

I have had a history of terrible fuel economy since I got my car last year, have removed the BoV, done ECU Relearns, serviced/replaced alot of various pumps and filters through regular maintenance, changed the AFM, nothing has helped. I decided to go to the extreme and fuck off the standard system all together.

My aim will be for fixing that fuel economy and to hopefully bring my torque up a bit, I feel my car is very sluggish, takes ages for boost to come on and its not particularly zippy either.

Will be interesting to see the outcomes
Old 13-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Burnout!

Thanks Mao for the graphs.

Good for anyone wondering why no one cares about top end power values, but it is the area under the torque curve is what makes you go fast.
Old 13-01-2012, 08:58 AM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Thanks Mao for the graphs.

Good for anyone wondering why no one cares about top end power values, but it is the area under the torque curve is what makes you go fast.
Yeah, but torque doesn't win you the horsepower hero dyno challenge!

Real world example, going from a 127kW diesel Hilux to a 120kW Cruze - only a pooftenth of power difference and the Cruze is lighter, but you have to wring the guts out of the cruze to get anywhere while it was effortless in the hilux. I miss having a diesel for that alone, but equally I cant wait for the new Rex!
Old 13-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Sign me up!
Santa's Little Helper

Addy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
For any that dont know - My car will be in next week or the week after for Vipec and tuning, it will be interesting to see it on a Stock 2.0 Non-STi as opposed to these STi's and 2.5's with modifications.

I have had a history of terrible fuel economy since I got my car last year, have removed the BoV, done ECU Relearns, serviced/replaced alot of various pumps and filters through regular maintenance, changed the AFM, nothing has helped. I decided to go to the extreme and fuck off the standard system all together.

My aim will be for fixing that fuel economy and to hopefully bring my torque up a bit, I feel my car is very sluggish, takes ages for boost to come on and its not particularly zippy either.

Will be interesting to see the outcomes
Looking forward to see this as I was always interested in what kind of improvements can be seen over stock ECU on a GC8 WRX.

Adi
Old 08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

The Vi-pec install on the Cam's GC8 made about 20hp more at the hubs. Not a lot of increase at WOT with severe problems holding it even at 1 bar, due to the aging boost solenoid and the tiny stock turbine (low turbine efficiency). But overall driveability below the WOT and fuel efficiency will no doubt have a 100% improvement on Cam's rex.

Will post up the Dynocharts and analysis of the tune shortly. (stuck at the pizza shop without the camera's usb link cable.... Dohh!)
Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Drove 100kms tonight, giving some decent stick, and still above 3/4 full. Happy man!

Tags
0107, 9495, 9798, 9900, pnp, vipec, wrex