Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Mao you need to learn that all the people on here are experts and know everything, don't bother arguing with them.

You will never win!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Mao i appologise, i am not trying to argue. Just learn.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
Mao you need to learn that all the people on here are experts and know everything, don't bother arguing with them.

You will never win!!!!
You're wrong there. People will jump on unfounded and impossible to prove comments just to flog your product. Any other comment wouldn't have received any attention.

And let's be honest. Especially when you compare these unjustifiable comments against a house favourite in Verso.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Last edited by BOMB3R; 09-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Tuning and dyno numbers aside, the ViPec is a good unit. Better than a reflash at a standard WRX level? Questionable & everyone has their own opinion. But you do get Antifag, which is full of win. I am sure you could spend the money that you would have spent on a ECU on worse things.

I think if you plan to do major work to your car, the unit leaves re-flashing / open source way behind. I am far from being an expert but I know that with my current build, the standard ECU would not work.

I have been told you can run dual fuel / ignition maps by switch control, trigger electrics such as inter cooler spray at a set boost pressure, going off your MAP sensor. I am sure there are many other uses for these digital / analogue inputs and outputs, if you have time to think about what you can do with them.

People spend a grand + on the 2 most well known Open Source tunes. 1 of those tuning methods is not well liked on here, it begins with an E. Has anyone ever heard anything bad about the ViPec ECU? I say its pretty good value for money for a intermediate mod level, daily driven car.

Each to their own though & as said before, people have a right to their own opinion.

Simon.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

I agree that Mao's post is probably unfounded, but why do these threads have to turn to shit all the time.

Seems to be common these days, good threads head South
Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Why didn't the vendor with the fraudulent GB cop anywhere near as much shit as this..............
Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

1) There are vast differences between a open source tune other than just datalogging. You dont even get a map trace on most of the popular softwares.

2) You can tell how much hp a car makes with mph? You are a legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
So data logging only works by getting a retune
based on the logs. So the vipec isnt what makes the car faster but the ability to tune a little better due to logs.

Agreed. Another point is that Simons car MPH says it has less power than what your dyno states.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Based my opinion on the WOT power and torque runs of both cars done on our dyno.

Yes 2 different ecus, 2 complete different drivers, 2 different GDs, Simon's 2.0 STi and the other a 2.5 STi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi View Post
You're wrong there. People will jump on unfounded and impossible to prove comments just to flog your product. Any other comment wouldn't have received any attention.

And let's be honest. Especially when you compare these unjustifiable comments against a house favourite in Verso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi View Post
This makes me laugh. Mao how can you claim that the .5 down the strip is because of the Vipec! 2 different drivers with 2 different styles in 2 different cars...................pretty ridiculous claim mate, there is no way possible to be able to prove the Vipec is better because of times at the drags unless you can somehow mirror the car and the driver etc.....
All good Russ, have a good weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Mao i appologise, i am not trying to argue. Just learn.
Old 21-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

We have just re-tuned Simon's car ready for his round of 0-400m today. Couple of months back, the car had a misfire above 5000rpm where we reset trigger levels on the Vi-pec to dismiss the tune. This resulted in a 335hp run.

However, at the last Kwinana drags, he complained of a misfire up top again which only gave him a best time of 12.7s.

Yesterday, we put his car on the Dynapack for a retune. This time round, the car hit 330hp max. After about 3 runs, the car started misfiring again, dropping power to 308hp. We tried to reset voltages and dwells, as well as trigger levels, but there was no improvement.

We then proceeded to change the Ik22 plugs and new coil-packs. Problems solved!! You can see these products at our Spark plugs thread ( http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolutio...ark-plugs.html ) and O2/Coilpack thread ( http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolutio...l-packs-2.html. )

Below are pics of 2 of the coil-packs taken off Simon's engine:

New Coil pack we put in:

Below is how Roughstilin's car performs when it misfires:

Below is the result of today's tune and our tune is health-proven. Stock STi 2.0 engine is still mint, producing awesome power boosting at a max of 1.85 bar of boost after all the events he has been to.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Awhile ago, we had the chance to work on a WRX with an STi conversion including DCCD running a twin scroll VF36:
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolutio...07-wrex-2.html

The car has since changed hands and the new owner had installed a HKS GT2835 and below are the 2 tunes we did.

On the first tune, it hit a max of 290.5hp before the HKS turbo bearings were damaged. The HKS turbine was bought as a used unit which was claimed to have been rebuilt only recently with very little kms done on it. The other thing queried was what engine oil was used and it was apparently Mobil 1 which made me quite skeptical.

First tune before turbo blew which hit 290.5hp compare with the 322hp result on the
2nd tune with overhauled HKS Turbo:

So regardless whether it was a worn turbine or bad engine oil, this P.WRX member quickly repaired the turbo via Turbotech and brought the vehicle in for the second tune --- this time using Cusco Engine oil.

Below is the final tune at 322hp in comparison to 269hp when it was using the VF36. (Torque could have been smoother, but unfortunately with a 35degC workshop temp, we were not going to push more timing.)

Tags
0107, 9495, 9798, 9900, pnp, vipec, wrex