Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > F1 Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Clearly Vettel is sleeping with all the race stewards.
ImPreSiV likes this.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Boxer25 at standard level

i had to look at the F1 logo on the screen a few times to remind myself i was actually watching F1 not GP2.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

so now its pretty much a 2 horse race bar some unforeseen bizarre accident. however going by the last race it may not be so far fetched for something freakish to happen.

Webber had forgettable race with some questionable passes and then being a victim of dogdem racing with a stray Renault jumping out in front of him.

As much as most of you here hate it, Vettel was a blurr, and ok, he had a few saving graces with the safety cars but in races crashes can and will happen and they need to clear the track. so saying he was lucky does take away from his skill.

a bit like saying Kimi was lucky because Hamilton had retired. its racing cars crash parts fail etc etc.

so how Austin plays out will be interesting as its a green track for all the pilots and could be a huge decider between the 2. Again Brazil as well, due to inconsistent weather dry or wet will play in to the hand of either driver.

I know most of you want to see Vettel miss his tri-fecta but going by his recent efforts and for a guy without his beloved EBD i think he will take it out again. he has adapted so well, bar the childish dummy spit or four.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer25 View Post
I know most of you want to see Vettel miss his tri-fecta...
^^Couldn't have said it better myself! haha I agree that he is in the box seat though, but as you said this weekend at Austin will be very interesting. New track generally equals one of two things; Either lots of action or lots of follow the leader due to lack of overtaking opportunities...here's hoping for the first scenario!

Bring on the final two races, hopefully they can finish off what has been a great season in style...with Alonso winning!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
so now its pretty much a 2 horse race bar some unforeseen bizarre accident.
^^forgot to say that now it mathematically IS only a 2-horse race for the WDC lol
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

For these two races i am temporarily an Alonso fan.

GO CUNT GO
Cinaber likes this.
Old 19-11-2012, 10:48 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Great race! Very pleasantly surprised with the number of overtaking opportunities available at this track, and quite enjoyed the different layout of the 3 sectors as well Some really good tussles with side-by-side racing and no safety cars meant we could (for once) get a true reading of everyones overall pace. I was actually a bit surprised Lewis was able to get up to Vettel as he seemed to be controlling the gap in the first stint, but Lewis was clearly faster on the harder set of tyres. Classic hearing Vettel have a whinge about the lapped cars causing him to lose the lead, not the fact that Lewis had been closing for the last 10+ laps lol
Was also a really good race by Ricci, he was able to keep pace with Button/Kimi and co until he pitted, if only he had qualified better! And as always, Alonso somehow managed to get on the podium!? Hugely helped out by Massa dropping down the grid and then he smashed the start as well which was vital as he was able to gap Button and Kimi.
Overall I thought it was a very enjoyable race to watch, with the only downside being Webber's retirement and Riccis qualifying... glad the WDC hasn't been decided yet too, bring on Brazil!!
RUSSGT likes this.
Old 19-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Lewis shows his talent once again

McLaren have let him down so badly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-11-2012, 11:26 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Classic hearing Vettel have a whinge about the lapped cars causing him to lose the lead, not the fact that Lewis had been closing for the last 10+ laps lol
^^^ah yes it must have been demoralizing for him...

that track is definitely an amazing one, the snake is always interesting to watch each drivers lines through it.

another thing that amazes me is the Red Bull budget ($245 mill last year) and failing alternators/KERS.

Vettels lead is now marginally lower over Alonso so i hope it pisses down in Sao Paulo. Maybe the maccas can be the unknown deciding factors there, as both their drivers are wet weather masters.
Old 19-11-2012, 11:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
^^^ah yes it must have been demoralizing for him...

that track is definitely an amazing one, the snake is always interesting to watch each drivers lines through it.

another thing that amazes me is the Red Bull budget ($245 mill last year) and failing alternators/KERS.

Vettels lead is now marginally lower over Alonso so i hope it pisses down in Sao Paulo. Maybe the maccas can be the unknown deciding factors there, as both their drivers are wet weather masters.
Yeh, I am also quite surprised that the alternator seems to be such a weak link in the Renault powered cars...anyone with a more technical knowledge of F1 able to give more of an insight as to why this is the case?? Especially with their R&D budget.

And ^^ did you mean that Vettel is marginally higher over Alonso now? But agreed, I think some rain in Brazil will make for a hugely interesting final battle!

Tags
2012, formula, hamilton needs more go juice, season